PDA

View Full Version : I am smiling

James Mooney
02-18-2008, 2:58 PM
The laser arrived on Thursday and installed Friday. Being my first born son's, my mother's and my own birthday this weekend gone I couldn't get into the shop to play with it so it had to wait til today. After a couple of false starts (too much power, not enough contrast on the greyscale etc) I've just produced this. Thanks and credit must go to Scott Shepherd for idea! The pics don't really do it justice as the level of detail is incredible. Now onto the next substrate! Thanks to everyone who helped to get me this far.
James

Larry Bratton
02-18-2008, 4:01 PM
The laser arrived on Thursday and installed Friday. Being my first born son's, my mother's and my own birthday this weekend gone I couldn't get into the shop to play with it so it had to wait til today. After a couple of false starts (too much power, not enough contrast on the greyscale etc) I've just produced this. Thanks and credit must go to Scott Shepherd for idea! The pics don't really do it justice as the level of detail is incredible. Now onto the next substrate! Thanks to everyone who helped to get me this far.
James
You should love the machine. I have an EXT but only 40 watts. A 75w would be awesome! Good luck with it!

Frank Corker
02-18-2008, 9:29 PM
Good start James! I'm with Larry the 75wt would be a welcome bonus.