PDA

View Full Version : Fish aquarium prices question

John Daugherty
02-17-2008, 8:25 PM
I have a couple of tanks, one is a 50-gallon hexagon and the other is a 170-gallon rectangle. I’ve had them a couple of years and intended to set them up, but never got around to it. I’ve decided to sell them, however I have no idea what to ask. I have a lot of other stuff for both tanks also, pumps, filters, etc. What would be a fair price?

Cary Falk
02-17-2008, 9:52 PM
John,
I would guess that 1/2 of what you paid for them would be reasonable place to start. Kinda like you price tools. If Oliver Springs is anything like Portland, there are so many fish tanks on Craig's List that we could not sell ours. We ended up donating them to a local Elementary School Science class room. Good look .
Cary

TYLER WOOD
02-18-2008, 3:45 PM
Actually if they are new, never been used, the value is not much below what you would see them for in a store. I would say 80% store value. If used maybe 70%. I don't price tanks like equipment, there really is no detremental effect from them being used other than they are not new. I bought mine all used and got great deals, but would have been willing to pay much more. Try taking them to a FISH store, and have them eiterh sell them or buy them from you. Not a pet store a fish store. Most places that only deal in fish will have used tanks for sale.