PDA

View Full Version : Help... Anyone have the Chewbarka tag template?

Brent Vander Weil
02-17-2008, 4:24 PM
I know I read about it on here and I searched several different combinations... I am sure I can get it from Frank... but I was hoping to complete a demo project tonight and guess what... I suppose I could scan and retrace them, but I really don't want to... If anyone has it and can post it I would appreciate it very much.

Scott Shepherd
02-17-2008, 5:27 PM
You looking for the bones? If so, this might be it http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=62650&highlight=Chewbarka

Todd Schwartz
02-17-2008, 7:58 PM
Brent - see the attached CDR files. Should cover the ones you are looking for.

Todd

Peter Meacham
02-17-2008, 8:03 PM
What do folks use for template material please. Thanks. Pete

Todd Schwartz
02-17-2008, 8:13 PM
Peter, mostly whatever inexpensive material I have left laying around the shop. Most recently I have been using 1/8" masonite left over from a sign template project.

Todd

Brent Vander Weil
02-17-2008, 10:50 PM
Todd-

Thanks a million... Made my life a bunch easier... appreciate it!

I use thick cardboard for alot of my templates... the stuff that is solid that is.. tried corregated.. tends to catch fire unless you wet it a little LOL

Brent

Gary and Jessica Houghton
02-18-2008, 6:39 PM
We use 1/8" MDF. It is only $7.00 for a 4'x8' sheet and cuts great. We cut one sheet with all of the shapes cut out, then glue that to another sheet that is ths same size, but solid. It makes a sort of 'tray' that can be slid in and out of the laser with no problems.

Mike DeRegnaucourt
02-18-2008, 6:59 PM
I also use MDF for my tag templates but I just raster out the shape of each tag by doing a solid fill within the outline. If the fit is a little too snug then I usually vector the perimeter of each tag and that usually adjusts it for a perfect fit. You don't need to raster very deep, basically just enough to hold the tag in place.

Then in Corel I remove the solid color fill leaving the outline and then put all the outlines on their own layer. I then set that layer to not print.

Brian Conklin
02-18-2008, 8:06 PM
I got a tip from Harvey at EE to use Binder covers from Staples. They are the clear plastic covers kinda like overhead projector material. I am using it for my chewbarka dog tags.

Peter Meacham
02-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Thanks to all for replying - great ideas that others will use too.