PDA

View Full Version : Powerclip help

Doug Fennell
02-17-2008, 1:51 AM
I've gone through the Epilog tutorial http://www.epiloglaser.com/tl_tiling.htm and I'm having trouble getting this technique to work... When I get to step 6, I get "not a vaild selection". Any ideas??? I can however get the older powerclip method outlined on the Universal page to work (before the advent of the grid command), but I really want to use the grid control as it will be MUCH quicker then the way I have been doing it.

Any ideas?

I used the older method for this 48" X 48" floor mural of Michelangelo's "The Doni Tondo" C. 1506.

Ed Maloney
02-17-2008, 4:04 PM
Maybe the order of the objects are the problem? Make sure the grids/squares are in front of the graphic.

Pete Simmons
02-17-2008, 6:06 PM
Which ever method you used that is beautiful.

Is it Marble or Granite?

Roy Brewer
02-19-2008, 1:01 AM
... When I get to step 6, I get "not a vaild selection". Doug,

The message is saying you are not clicking on something that can function as a powerclip.

This is what I recommend, first be sure both the grid and the graphic to be clipped on in the same layer (select 1 at a time and confirm on the status line). Then move the graphic completely away from the grid, select it. Now powerclip and click precisely on a line of the grid in an area where there are no other objects that Corel might think you are attempting to select. The graphic will be snapped into the grid object regardless of where it is in your drawing and regardless of the order.

HTH,

Barb Macdonald
02-20-2008, 8:12 AM
I did the grid first, and then put in the graphic. Putting the grid to the back wouldn't work properly. I had to create the grid first, and then put the graphic in after.
Thanks for the link, very informative, as always.

Have a great day
Barb

Colleen Hutchins
02-22-2008, 2:44 PM
Doug,

I was going through the Epilog tutorial as well and found that in X4, the Graph Tool is found under the Polygon on the sidebar, or keyboard shortcut D. The table tool icon resembles the "old" graph tool icon, but is definitely not the same. Hope this helps you,

Colleen

Doug Fennell
02-22-2008, 4:41 PM
Colleen, I think you found my problem!! I was using the graph tool and X4 - I mistakenly thought it was the grid control.