PDA

View Full Version : Been a while... finally got some turning time!

Patrick Taylor
02-16-2008, 11:42 PM
Hey all, it's been a while. The planets aligned today, and I found some time to escape from the kids and do a bit of turning. I finished an acrylic fountain pen (streamline roundtop kit from Berea) for my wife's birthday, and it was only 2 days late! :rolleyes: Thought I'd share some pics...

This is my first kit from berea, and I love their stuff so far. I ordered from AZSil., and I also have to say that their mandrels & morse tapers are far superior to the woodcraft ones I had before. I needed a "B" size mandrel for this kit, and I think I'll be ordering a "standard' size mandrel from them to replace my others.

Thanks, and I swear I'll try to turn (and post) some more in the very near future. :)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2249/2269769589_db69902ff8.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2339/2269769535_bdf69ddfb1.jpg

Norm Zax
02-17-2008, 4:44 AM
Sleek! Nice job.

Tony De Masi
02-17-2008, 7:29 AM
Nice job Pat. Welcome back. Was wondering where ya been.

Tony

Patrick Taylor
02-17-2008, 9:36 AM
Nice job Pat. Welcome back. Was wondering where ya been.

Tony

Thanks Tony... we had an extreme delay in getting the kitchen done (I'll save that story for another day) and I've been traveling a lot for work too. My MIL is fighting breast cancer for the second time, so turning has been lower on the priority list.

Everything's good, though, and thanks for asking!

Tom Sherman
02-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Good to see your post Pat, you haven't lost your touch great looking pen.

Bernie Weishapl
02-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Great looking pen Pat. Good to see ya back turning and posting.

Ben Gastfriend
02-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Cool looking pen! Stylish!

Steve Retherford
02-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Hello Pat, That is a great looking pen. I have to try my hand at turning pens. I tried a google search for AZSil and it didn't hit as a site for purchasing pen turning supplies. Would you please provide me with the URL for their site? Thank you, Steve Retherford.

Steve Schlumpf
02-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Welcome back Pat! Good looking pen! Sorry to hear about all the challenges you and your family have been going through lately! Best of luck with everything - especially your MIL!

Patrick Taylor
02-17-2008, 1:03 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone! I appreciate it.

I tried a google search for AZSil and it didn't hit as a site for purchasing pen turning supplies. Would you please provide me with the URL for their site?

Sorry Steve, I was too lazy to type out "Arizona Silhouette" (and I always seem to spell it wrong!)

The address is: http://www.arizonasilhouette.com/

Jim Becker
02-17-2008, 3:06 PM
Very nice, Patrick. And that's a very effective marketing photography technique you used with the book (blurred) to provide some context for the pen. Great job!

Patrick Taylor
02-17-2008, 9:06 PM
Very nice, Patrick. And that's a very effective marketing photography technique you used with the book (blurred) to provide some context for the pen. Great job!

Thanks Jim, I got a new camera (Nikon DSLR) so I've been working on my photography as well as turning. :D