PDA

View Full Version : Proshop or Griz 0661

Jimmy Anderson
02-16-2008, 10:30 PM
I've been reading the posts on here for a while but this is my first post. I'm in the market for a new table saw. I've narrowed it down to teh jet proshop or grizzly 0661. I know jet is putting a riving knife on the proshop in the near future. Anybody know anything about teh 0661? Would you wait for the riving knife on the jet? Any input is welcome here as I am failry new to the hobby. I called grizzly and the o661 is backordered until around april/May...about teh same as the jet.

Mike Cutler
02-17-2008, 7:24 AM
Jimmy

I don't know much about either of those two saws. Just wanted to welcome you to Sawmill Creek.

I'm sure someone has one of those models.

Mike

Joe Skinner
02-18-2008, 12:52 PM
I have never used either of those saws, but Popular Woodworking did a shootout last year and the Jet came out better than the Grizzly. However, the last I heard was Jet PS saws are back ordered until at least the end of April. So if time is a factor, you might want to go with the Griz.

Art Mann
02-18-2008, 1:07 PM
I don't believe the G0661 model was compared in the PW test. The specs on it are appealing, but I have not heard from anyone who has actually used one. I believe I would wait on that model until I hear a few hands on evaluations.