PDA

View Full Version : DeWalt 735R

Kevin Andrist
02-16-2008, 7:35 PM
I've been looking to pick up a planer & from what I can find out the DeWalt 735 seems to be pretty well thought of. I have seen some reference to problems they had with the model when it was introduced, but that's been a number of years ago...you'd think they'd have the issues sorted out by now.

Why is there, what seems to be, an inexhaustable supply of reconditioned 735's available?

Rick Gifford
02-16-2008, 7:55 PM
Alot of those that had the problems were sent right back and reconditioned. I really think it was quite a few. It hasnt been that long since it has been corrected, over 6 months but probably closer to a year?

I just bought mine and the serial number isn't too far off from the cut off serial. All Dewalt 735 planers with a serial # below 200440 need to be serviced. I think mine is in the 600's.

I haven't had mine long enough to give a review on long lasting durability. Works fine so far...

Rick Moyer
02-16-2008, 10:41 PM
If you can get a 735 at a good price I would recommend it. I would think reconditioned would be like getting a new one without the earlier problems. I bought a used one from a fellow Creeker and, even though it is within the "problem" serial number range, I haven't yet had a problem with it. Dewalt was standing behind the ones in the serial number range. In fact I contacted them and they sent me new sprockets even though I did not yet have a problem.