PDA

View Full Version : $3.99 large pizza gloat

keith ouellette
02-16-2008, 6:17 PM
I know won't apply to any one else who isn't in my area but I had to tell you anyway. Dominos customer appreciation day. There was a dominos pizza selling large 1 topping pizza carry out for $3.99. They didn't skimp on the cheese or pepperoni. Thought it was quite a deal. No I didn't take a picture of the pizza to show you but it did happen.

Scott Donley
02-16-2008, 6:48 PM
Great gloat ! I tried to order a Domino's a while back, called the local # and got transfered to a call center. The guy had a hard time with English, did not even know what a combination was, I asked him where he was located and he said he was not allowed to tell me that.I no longer buy from Domino's, hope they see this.

keith ouellette
02-16-2008, 7:36 PM
Now i know how they can have $3.99 pizzas. I had a similar experience with Pizza hut but it was a computer voice mail. Thats really cutting the American work force.

Peter M. Spirito
02-17-2008, 6:40 PM
My ex-wife was so obnoxious to the Dominos folks that they refused to deliver to us anymore. ;)

Gary Keedwell
02-17-2008, 7:38 PM
My ex-wife was so obnoxious to the Dominos folks that they refused to deliver to us anymore. ;)
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/dirtbox/pics/muttley.gif I'm sorry Peter...but that struck my funny bone....

Gary

TYLER WOOD
02-18-2008, 3:47 PM
Our PH never gets the order right or we wiat forever. No other dealers in town, so like the local druggie, we get our fix where we can. Not good, not good..........Wish Dominos delivered 35 miles out of town in 30 minutes:D

Nice gloat by the way!!!

Joe Pelonio
02-18-2008, 4:22 PM
I'd buy a bunch of them at that price.

We have Domino's plus 3 other delivery places and a "U-Bake" place here in town. They are all pretty decent but unfortunately we don't have a really good sit down pizza place. We miss the one we used to go to in Castro Valley, CA, owned by the the international pizza throwing champion. Anyone in the bay area, if you haven't gone there, give it a try!

http://worldpizzachampions.com/gallery/Tony/tony_throwing_pics_006

Click on the menu and check them out:

http://www.pyzanospizzeria.com/

Richard Niemiec
02-18-2008, 4:34 PM
I don't know, call me a pizza snob, but when I lived in North Carolina there was no real alternative but Pizza Hut and Dominos, and after living in NJ for 45 years I was spoiled. I simply could not eat that product. Having had fabulous pizza from NJ/NY/PA, to me the PH and Dominos product is nothing more than greasy bread covered with ketchup and velveeta cheese. I moved back to NJ 6 years ago, and let me tell you, nothing beats a stone oven pizza, especially sicilian pizza, crisp bottom, great light crust on the edge...ahhh, now I'm gonna have pizza for dinner tonight......and I have my choice of 3 different pizza shops 5 minutes from the house.... and I won't even start on where to get the best Philly cheesesteak; that's another thing that does not exist outside this area.

Now, don't get me wrong, one food thing really great about NC was barbeque, as in the noun, not the verb. The BBQ I find up here in NJ cannot hold a candle to a nice vinegar based pulled pork sandwich I used to get in Shelby, NC.

David G Baker
02-18-2008, 6:00 PM
I lived and worked in the San Francisco Bay Area for years. Every time there was a major breaking news story the News Director would keep us on overtime until the crisis was over. He would sometimes have as many as 20 large pizzas delivered for us because of our not being able to go out for dinner. I do not remember the name of the pizza place but their pizza spoiled me for almost any other pizza place. I have tried almost all of the local pizza places in my area of Michigan and eventually found one that came close to the SF one. Three months after finding it they changed hands and started serving plastic cheese and cheap toppings. I am back looking again. I am not a pizza snob but good pizza is rare. The economy in my area won't support a great pizza place.

Dexter Hahn
02-20-2008, 9:57 AM
I'd buy a bunch of them at that price.

We have Domino's plus 3 other delivery places and a "U-Bake" place here in town. They are all pretty decent but unfortunately we don't have a really good sit down pizza place. We miss the one we used to go to in Castro Valley, CA, owned by the the international pizza throwing champion. Anyone in the bay area, if you haven't gone there, give it a try!

I lived in Kirkland for several years, and the best place I could find was Jet City Pizza, I don't recall finding anything better, and believe me, I looked. Pizza Time was ok in a pinch (I would always cook it longer in my oven when I got it home to crisp it up more), cheap and better than PH and Dominoes... which being of the same mind as Richard, I think are simply odious and vile anywhere you go. I'm lucky enough to frequent areas on the east coast now that have great mom and pop pizza places, I never have to resort to the chain places. And they usually don't cost as much either. :D

Mark Rios
02-20-2008, 3:44 PM
Ah, pizza......the (secret) food of the gods. Nothing better than a great pizza. MMMMMMMMMMM mm! :cool:

David G Baker
02-20-2008, 5:23 PM
I don't drink any more but a good cold pitcher beer really went great with a pizza.