PDA

View Full Version : Probably A Stupid Question...

james mcghee
02-16-2008, 3:26 PM
I'm bidding on a Delta TS that is capable of running on either 110v or 220v. Right now it's wired for 220 but I only have 110 available. What all is involved in re-wiring it for 110, and is it terribly difficult? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Rick Gifford
02-16-2008, 3:43 PM
If you feel comfortable doing it yourself there is usually a diagram inside the cover of the wiring box on the motor. Its just a matter of moving your connections since the motor is setup already to run 110 or 220.

If your not comfortable with doing it I'd ask a buddy to come help who is. Won't take long.

You'll need to change out the power cord as well.

Art Mann
02-16-2008, 3:45 PM
The conversion is usually not difficult at all. There is often a wiring diagram with color codes inside the junction box cover. If not, you might have a little difficulty figuring out what to do. There are a bunch of people on this forum that can help.

Richard Daly
02-16-2008, 8:08 PM
there are never dumb questions,,,just DUMB ANSWERS...

keep your fingers out of joiners:)

Jim O'Dell
02-16-2008, 8:10 PM
Being a Delta, the owners manual is probably available on Delta's website to down load, with the wiring instructions for the change. You may not actually need to change the whole power cord, just the plug on the end, unless they used too small of wire for the 110 set up to work safely on. But most likely it still has the factory cord on it which should be fine for either 110 or 220 volt usage. Jim.

Rich Schneider
02-17-2008, 8:14 AM
Besides making sure the saw cord is heavy enough as stated above, make sure the circuit your going to be plugging it into has the appropriate wire, outlet and breaker to accommodate the higher amperage the saw will draw when going from 220 down to 110...