PDA

View Full Version : Job site radios?

Brian Penning
02-16-2008, 6:15 AM
Anyone have one in their shop? I want good sound and a remote.
Opinions? Thoughts? Does it matter what brand in relation to what type of cordless tools you have?
TIA

Mike Heidrick
02-16-2008, 6:19 AM
I own the digital tuner Dewalt radio. It works great for me. I have some 18V Dewalt tools that it can charges for me. A 18V battery then powers it. I grab it and take it outside by the fire pit when we have bonfires. I like it.

gene cox
02-16-2008, 6:49 AM
I HAVE XM IN MY SHOP BOUGHT AN OLD RECEVER FOR 25 BUCKS IT HAD 6 SPEAKER OUTLETS SET IT UP IN MY FINISHING ROOM IT HAS A REMOTE IM IN TO BLUE GRASS CAN NOT GET THAT HERE ON LOCAL STATIONS BUT I HAVE A LARGE WORK PLACE 40 BY 100 GOT SPEAKERS ALL OVER KEEP THE REMOTE WITH ME BY THE WAY I MUST BE STUPID BUT HOW DO I POST A NEW POST ON SITE THANKS FOR ALL YOUR IN PUT :rolleyes:

fred woltersdorf
02-16-2008, 6:56 AM
I HAVE XM IN MY SHOP BOUGHT AN OLD RECEVER FOR 25 BUCKS IT HAD 6 SPEAKER OUTLETS SET IT UP IN MY FINISHING ROOM IT HAS A REMOTE IM IN TO BLUE GRASS CAN NOT GET THAT HERE ON LOCAL STATIONS BUT I HAVE A LARGE WORK PLACE 40 BY 100 GOT SPEAKERS ALL OVER KEEP THE REMOTE WITH ME BY THE WAY I MUST BE STUPID BUT HOW DO I POST A NEW POST ON SITE THANKS FOR ALL YOUR IN PUT :rolleyes:

to post a new thread go to the general woodworking and power tools page and in the left upperhand corner is a new thread button. also when posting it is easier to read the post in lower case letters and welcome to sawmill creek.

Steven DeMars
02-16-2008, 7:17 PM
Why not get a car stereo and build a nice cabinet for it?

Lots of power & the quality of the speakers you choose will dictate sound quality . . .

jason lambert
02-16-2008, 7:29 PM
I'm looki9ng for the same thing I was going to get the dewalt, mainly because I have all dewalt tools and I do jobs off site now and then and it would be convient to have the charger, however I could just get a smaller cheaper radio and carry the charger. Anyhow Dewalt is comming out with a new model in a couple of months but from what I hear it is the same size. I think the best solution is just get a regular radio somewhere espically if you don't need the duribility and it is sitting in a shop or on a shelf. Finding one with a remote might be hard.