PDA

View Full Version : Jet 1100 dust collection

Eric Mims
02-15-2008, 7:37 PM
Just got this dust collector off of Craigslist for 150 bucks. Just looking for suggestions as to 'upgrades' to the 30 micron bag. What sources and suggestions do you guys have for a better bag or canister upgrade?

Any other modifications recommend to get the most from this collector without breaking the bank?

Eric

Greg Peterson
02-15-2008, 7:40 PM
Get rid of the bag and go with a Wynn Environmental filter. They have a filter that will fit that unit.

Rick Thom
02-15-2008, 8:51 PM
Just got this dust collector off of Craigslist for 150 bucks. Just looking for suggestions as to 'upgrades' to the 30 micron bag. What sources and suggestions do you guys have for a better bag or canister upgrade?

Any other modifications recommend to get the most from this collector without breaking the bank?

Eric
Get rd of the 30 mil filter bag and cloth bottom bag if so equipped.
Go for a good pleated filter and larger hose. I like the Wynn Environmental for $100 and 5" rather than 4".

Eric Mims
02-15-2008, 9:55 PM
OK, just curious, are there any other options to the Wynn? Not that I don't like it or that it's too expensive, just wondering?

also, I noticed 2 nails poking through the short fat hose that attaches the fan to the bags. Where is a good source for replacement short hose like this (I think 6" dia... I don't want to buy 10') Or can you patch it/ tape it?

Eric Mims
02-15-2008, 9:56 PM
also, do you mean using 5" hose and adapters to go to machines? Because the connection on the Jet is 4" and so are all of my machines.

Jason Beam
02-16-2008, 12:38 AM
I have exactly that machine. Wynn is the only company i know of who is woodworker friendly and endorsed by bill pentz. (google his name, you'll see what i mean).

The wynn filter I got (the spun bond polyester) was the single best thing I did for my dust collection. Those bags are horrible. The canister easily doubled my airflow - and they filter out the teeny teeny stuff really well.

The hose that goes from the impeller to the bag stack is a 5" hose on my model. There may be different ones, but I'm unaware of them.

Jason Beam
02-16-2008, 12:40 AM
Also - you're better off going 6" (that black plastic thing comes off, revealing a 6" inlet). for as long as you can, then split off and reduce to 4" as close to the machines as possible.