PDA

View Full Version : dust collector for the Delta band saw

Kent Parker
02-15-2008, 7:28 PM
Here's a little project that has really increased the quality of life in my shop. Its really amazing how much it collects. I rarely use the table at an angle but if need be the "box" is easily removed by one bolt at the lower end.Its a snug fit at the top so only the one bolt it necessary to hold it in place.

The bottom of the inside is angled downward towards the duct attachment. I added a corner piece inside to get rid of a dead space and provide an easier exhaust flow. Seems to work.

Cheers,

KP

Tom Hamilton
02-15-2008, 8:05 PM
Kent, that looks like a fabulous set-up. I would like to adapt it to my Griz.

Would you give me (us) more info on how you attached the box to the saw? Looks like runners bolted to the table.

Thanks, Tom

John Powers
02-15-2008, 8:19 PM
Kent

If you had a electronic version of the drawings for that thing I'll bet guys like me with that saw would paypal you a few bucks for it. right now I'm sticking the hose against the lower blocks. Your solution looks very nice.

Kent Parker
02-15-2008, 9:17 PM
[quote Would you give me (us) more info on how you attached the box to the saw? Looks like runners bolted to the table. quote]

Tom,

The "runners" you may be referring to are not associated with the dust collection box. There are part of my table "fence".

The upper ends of the box are notched to fit snugly under the table top and so only the one bolt (large black knob) is required.

Cheers,

KP

Richard Daly
02-16-2008, 8:46 PM
Kent ...thanks I went ro work on my Delta ...with a few alterations and errors (firewood),I got it together it seems to work fine .I will find out when i really get to work ..I will then see how much dust is on the mechine and floor.....

keep you fingers out of the joiners...Stubby:)

Tom Hamilton
02-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Ahhh, simplicity, one of my favorite solutions. Great idea, well executed. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Tom