PDA

View Full Version : Double plater.

Alex Elias
02-15-2008, 2:47 PM
My brother gave me the hardware since their kids broke the plates. I was going to make it for him but now that is finish my wife took possession of it.
The lower plate is 8" and the top one is 5 1/2 or 6"

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q185/alxe24/Platter-01.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q185/alxe24/Platter-02.jpg

David Walser
02-15-2008, 3:04 PM
Alex,

That's very nice. Any idea where the hardware could be purchased?

Tom Sherman
02-15-2008, 3:11 PM
Very nice Alex, something like this would look nice with the 'hardware' turned from a contrasting wood also.

Ben Gastfriend
02-15-2008, 4:04 PM
Nice work! And the eggs are very impressive. Is Easter a gift-giving holiday? Because I have some good gift ideeers if it is!

I've seen those double platter things in the dollar store on occasion. I think it'd be worth it to smash the ceramic, for a dollar.

Steve Schlumpf
02-15-2008, 4:52 PM
Alex - very nice concept and workmanship! Makes for a great centerpiece! Nicely done!

Bernie Weishapl
02-15-2008, 6:25 PM
Very nice Alex. Great job.

Alex Elias
02-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Thank you all for the nice comments.
As far as the origin of the hardware I could not tell you. I guess I'd be looking at places that sells kitchen things. I'll see if I can find something since it was not such a complicated project.

Alex,

That's very nice. Any idea where the hardware could be purchased?
We give eachother chocolate eggs or regular chcolates. I think I might give a few eggs to the family since they like them.

Nice work! And the eggs are very impressive. Is Easter a gift-giving holiday? Because I have some good gift ideeers if it is!

I've seen those double platter things in the dollar store on occasion. I think it'd be worth it to smash the ceramic, for a dollar.

Glenn Hodges
02-16-2008, 7:58 AM
I like this much better than the plates. I bet this will last longer than the plates.

robert hainstock
02-16-2008, 10:37 AM
As usual, your work is well thought out and expwetly crafted. Thanks for posting. :):):)
Bob