PDA

View Full Version : Bringing Home Baby

Sean De Gazon
02-15-2008, 12:13 AM
Hello to my fellow Creekers. It's been quite a while since I last posted but life has had me quite busy since I joined the Creek about six moths ago. I was quite contented to lurk in the background since I do not yet own a laser.
However, that fact is about to change, I most certainly did not become a member of this forum to be a lurker indefinitely. My dream of owning a machine and my own business for that matter, is soon to become reality. It has been a long and sometimes frustrating road to get to this point but it pays to persevere.
There are some of you out there who are no doubt considering purchasing a machine and starting your own business. I dare say you have arrived at the best resource on the internet bar none for information pertaining to the field of laser engraving. I am a firm believer in enjoying what you do, and with the boundless creative possibilities that the laser has to offer I intend to let my imagination soar.
I was informed a couple days ago that my baby (an Epilog Mini 24 45watt)
is presently at the customs bond awaiting the final paperwork to be completed before I'm allowed to hold her in my arms for the first time.
I haven't decided on a name just yet, but will let you know when I do.
Her christening will be in approximately ten days. All are all invited.
No RSVP's

Mike Null
02-15-2008, 3:19 AM
Sean

Congratulations and good luck. We'll look forward to reading of your adventures.

Joe Pelonio
02-15-2008, 7:59 AM
When you put you arms around her and lift her onto a table watch your back,
they are heavy!

You are in for a fun adventure, best of luck to you!

Sandra Force
02-15-2008, 3:34 PM
Congratulations on the new baby. Have you already gotten the software so you could pratice with it before setting up the laser? Are you using Corel as a main design program?

Stephen Beckham
02-15-2008, 4:10 PM
Sean,

About 2 years to the month that I got my Mini 24 with 45 watts... You'll love it - the first problem I had was 36" and 100 watt envy... You'll get over it quickly - trust me it was my problem not my mini's...

Have fun!

Sean De Gazon
02-16-2008, 9:23 PM
Thanks for the feedback people.
Mike- You will no doubt be hearing of my adventures. As well as seeing how they turn out, the good :) the bad :mad: and the :eek:
Joe- I wouldn't dream of lifting the 'lil one' by myself. Even though she's less than half the weight of a baby elephant.
Sandra- I have been practicing with Corel as well as Adobe Illustrator CS2, I am however leaning toward X3 as my main design program.
Stephen- 'Laser envy' Don't let you toddler find out, you know what they say about the terrible twos.

Sean De Gazon
02-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Hi folks, I almost got it spot on, eleven days later and my baby was just delivered about ten minutes ago. She's fast asleep but I'm gonna wake her up in a bit to play ;) As a responsible parent I intend to spend a lot of quality time with her and also ensure that she is well taken care of.
Gotta go people, my adventure is about to begin.

Chad Voller
02-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Congrats on the delivery. Enjoy every minute of it.