PDA

View Full Version : Sources of 8/4 Padauk in Southern Wisconsin?

Rich Schneider
02-14-2008, 10:57 PM
I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the classifieds, but I apologize in advance if it is in the wrong place. I need to find a few nice pieces of 8/4 Padauk...approx 14-20 board feet and if I came across some nice stuff I'd probably buy a lot more than that...have you seen any or have any ideas where I might stumble across some in southern Wisconsin or Northern Illinois? I checked the suppliers I know of in the southern Wisconsin area and it seems that they all seem to have 4/4, but no 8/4. I've been looking at Woodfinder (and Woodweb/WoodPlanet). The biggest issue I have is that I want to see it firsthand before I buy it, so I'm reluctant to order it from far away. I've heard there are a couple places in the Chicago area that handle a fair amount of exotics and figured lumber and in some cases supply retailers as well, but I don't know the names...any ideas?

Rob Wright
02-14-2008, 11:02 PM
Rich -

I know that you want to see it in person but, Mark at woodworkers supply has ordered stuff for me in the past. I have always been happy with the wood that he has gotten in and have never rejected any.

Try Badge Hardwoods in walworth/darien he may have some.

-Good luck

Tom Leasure
02-14-2008, 11:02 PM
I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the classifieds, but I apologize in advance if it is in the wrong place. I need to find a few nice pieces of 8/4 Padauk...approx 14-20 board feet and if I came across some nice stuff I'd probably buy a lot more than that...have you seen any or have any ideas where I might stumble across some in southern Wisconsin or Northern Illinois? I checked the suppliers I know of in the southern Wisconsin area and it seems that they all seem to have 4/4, but no 8/4. I've been looking at Woodfinder (and Woodweb/WoodPlanet). The biggest issue I have is that I want to see it firsthand before I buy it, so I'm reluctant to order it from far away. I've heard there are a couple places in the Chicago area that handle a fair amount of exotics and figured lumber and in some cases supply retailers as well, but I don't know the names...any ideas?

Try Owl Hardwoods - I believe they have a branch in Lombard, IL.

Dan Racette
02-15-2008, 12:09 PM
you also might want to check out "the hardwood connection" in Sycamore, IL

Jeff Heil
02-15-2008, 12:20 PM
try Kettle Morraine Hardwoods, two locations in Milwaukee area. I know I have purchased 4/4 Paduk and 8/4 Purpleheart from them and they should have 8/4 Paduk. www.kmhardwoods.com (http://www.kmhardwoods.com)