PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly table saw (G0478)

Rob Wyrick
02-14-2008, 1:09 PM
I've recently acquired a used Grizzly G0478 table saw. It is missing the entire guard assembly.

Grizzly doesn't sell a guard assembly, so I'd have to buy each piece individually... costing a fortune. I'm thinking about making my own splitter and need some help.

Can someone out there with the same saw please post detailed pictures of your guard and splitter and how it mounts to the saw?

scott spencer
02-14-2008, 2:14 PM
I can't answer your direct question, but wondered if you've contacted Shark Guard to see if they have anything that fits..?

Scott Ricks
02-14-2008, 3:03 PM
Have you called Grizzly. I was in a similar situation and the parts manual did not show a complete assembly. Called Grizzly and they geve me the part number. The entire assembly was $32.

Kevin Godshall
02-14-2008, 6:04 PM
Have you called Grizzly. I was in a similar situation and the parts manual did not show a complete assembly. Called Grizzly and they geve me the part number. The entire assembly was $32.

Go to the Grizzly website and find your machine. Almost every one has a Parts PDF Manual and a Purchase Parts link right there.

I've found that replacement planer blades are cheaper from the Parts Dept then they are from using the links on the machine page.

I have a few Foley Belsaw pieces I have inherited from my father in law, and the manuals and parts from Grizzly fit them almost perfectly. Just have to line up the right tool with Grizz's model number. Good Luck!!

Kevin Godshall
02-14-2008, 6:10 PM
Here is the link to your saw:
http://www.grizzly.com/products/g0478

The links to the Parts Manual and Purchase Parts link is on that page.

John Keeton
02-14-2008, 9:02 PM
Rob

I just purchased a 1023 and will not be using the guard assembly. If it will fit, you can have it for shipping. PM me if interested.

Rob Wyrick
02-16-2008, 11:28 AM
I'll try to answer everyone:

1. Yes, I've contacted Grizzly. The CSR said that they don't sell a guard assembly. I haven't actually priced all the pieces separately... I was just assuming it would be way too expensive.

2. I did consider the Shark Guard. I haven't contacted them, but their website doesn't have anything for the 4078 that I could find.

@John - Thank your very much for your offer. I'll PM you with details. While it may not fit perfectly, hopefully I can use some of the pieces and parts for my solution.

Thanks everybody!