PDA

View Full Version : Looking for pictures of your work displayed at shows

Bill Wyko
02-14-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm getting ready for the show at the end of this month. I've got Pro Panels and an easy-up but no display tables yet. Time is running out so I need some ideas. I only have about a dozen pieces to display in a 10x10 booth. I wish I had more time:o

robert hainstock
02-14-2008, 2:33 PM
You'll never , or at least seldom ever feel like you are ready for a show. Just take what you have and do the best you can. Don't be disapointed if the reception is not what you had thought it should be, and learn every time you do a show. There wre good shows and bad shows. The weather has as much to do with it as any thing. Sunny day shows can plum hurt your feelings. Peo;ple have other things to do on nice days. ANxiously awaiting your report. best of to you.:)
Bob

Bill Wyko
02-14-2008, 4:16 PM
From what I understand, this show draws people from all around the nation. Typical turn out is supposed to be 40 to 50 thousand people. The website is www.thunderbirdartists.com (http://www.thunderbirdartists.com) It's in one of the wealthiest communities in Arizona. If I can't sell anything here I give up.:D

Bill Wyko
02-15-2008, 12:39 AM
Well I'm watching David Marks on the DVR and he's building an art display. Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to do something similar. :rolleyes: A tile center with a frame around it and a tapered stand. More and more this is turning into a low paying job.;)

Steve Trauthwein
02-15-2008, 8:10 AM
Bill,

With a dozen pieces in a 10 foot booth I would suggest you go to Sam's Club or similar box shelf store and get one of their composite 10 foot tables for around $60. Go to Bed, Bath and Beyond or similar store and get the 5" Plastic pots made for raising beds, around $10.
Go to the local sewing store and get enough material to cover the length of the table and another piece of the same material that will will cover the length and the distance to the floor on each side, probably around $20. I prefer a polyester mix and black material.

So for a $100 or so you will have a 10 foot display that has a cover to the ground on three sides. For different heights I have made conical turned stands to put pieces on or put pieces on raw wood (really compliments a finished piece). I have also used boxes with another material over the top.

I would place this at an angle in the tent so that you have access to the rear and the public is in front. Leave room for a table and chair to work from. All materials for setup can be stored under your table. This is just the way I do set up and will give you some ideas, hopefully. The piece of material I drape to the floor has to be taped to the table at the proper spot. I carry a roll of duct tape for this.

Regards, Steve