PDA

View Full Version : Check your copy

Lori Kleinberg
02-14-2008, 9:39 AM
of Illusrtrated Cabinetmaking by Bill Hylton.
Just got my copy from Amazon yesterday. No I didn't read it yet, but I was skimming thru the pages and noticed some duplicate pictures. I checked the pages and notice that my book goes to page 134 then the next page is 111 :eek:. That continues to page 134 again :confused:. Then the book picks up at page 159.
Contacted Amazon and arranged for a replacement, but no one knows if the replacement will have the proper pages.:mad:

Alex Berkovsky
02-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Lori,
I will check my copy when I get home tonight. Please let us know how the replacement copy works out.

Steve Roxberg
02-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Lori,

Mine is fine but thanks for the warning.

Mike Henderson
02-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Maybe the material on pages 111 to 134 was considered very important and the bookbinder thought it was worth repeating:)

I received a book with a mistake like that - not "Illustrated Cabinetmaking" but another book. I assume it's a common (but not high occurrence) mistake in bookbinding. By the time I recognized it, some time had passed so I just kept it.

Mike

Mick Zelaska
02-14-2008, 1:41 PM
Might be worth some money some day -- kind of like a double struck coin!

On second thought, send it back for a replacement.

Lori Kleinberg
02-14-2008, 3:33 PM
With my woodworking skills, all the sections are important :o. As to increased value, I think it is worth more to me complete, but I could sell for a slight profit :D.
According to the publisher, there shouldn't be many with my error. They told me to return it to where I bought and they will send me a new one (they were comfortable that the new one would not have the error).
So far I have heard from 1 other with the same problem.

Lori Kleinberg
02-15-2008, 1:21 PM
Well now there are 3 binding errors including mine that I know of. I hope my replacement copy is good :rolleyes:. The way my
luck has been running lately the next one could be worse :eek:.

Lori Kleinberg
02-17-2008, 9:54 AM
Found a few more people with bad copies :eek:.
Consolation; Amazon got me my new copy in 2 days :) and thankfully it is properly put together.

Don Bullock
02-17-2008, 9:59 AM
Lori,
Thanks for the information. Fortunately my copy is fine.

I remember years ago having that problem with a college textbook. The prof never used the book, so it didn't matter. At the end of the year the book store bought it back. Since it looked unused they paid almost full price.