PDA

View Full Version : Oak bowl first surviver in a long time...

Rasmus Petersen
02-14-2008, 6:10 AM
Made this small oak bowl at the last "club" meeting

started out being not this shallow but hey, instant design changes occur sometimes :D

surviver because the last 2 attempts went bonkers... one split because i had made the bottom quite thin, and the piece had lots of cracks and stuff. The other was stupid. because i didn't think an i vent through the bottom. i still plan to save that one....

i havent been turning bowls other than the first 2 i made when i started out. But now im going into bowl mode i think.. theres much to learn...(and so little time)

diameter 13cm hight 3 cm

sand to 400 pure beeswax colorless 2 coats.

81623 8162481625

Steve Schlumpf
02-14-2008, 8:33 AM
Rasmus - congrats on your first surviving bowl! It looks pretty good to me! Have to warn you - bowls can become very addictive - very fast! Have fun with it and make sure to post lots of pictures!

Tim Brooks
02-14-2008, 8:39 AM
Great looking bowl Rasmus. As Steve pointed out, bowls are very addictive. They will propel you down the vortex at lightening speed--beware!:D

Bernie Weishapl
02-14-2008, 1:49 PM
Rasmus that is a great looking bowl.

robert hainstock
02-14-2008, 1:50 PM
I thiink you've got It. Sooner or later we figure out what went wrong hte last time. Very nice progress you are making. :D
Bob

Richard Madison
02-15-2008, 12:06 AM
Beautiful end grain on the sides of that bowl. Oak seems to be one of those "love it or hate it" woods. I love it. Nice work.