PDA

View Full Version : Serious Tool Glote.

Henk Marais
02-14-2008, 3:50 AM
Living in the Southern tip of Africa, good hand tools are very exspensive. The selection is very limited and the one or two copanies that bring it in has the monopoly and can charge whatever they want.:mad:
Luckely the internet has now changed that!:D I started investigating purchasing some tools directly from the supplier. I soon realised that it will not be worthwile purchasing 1 item at a time. I then started saving to make a bulk purchase so that the shipping cost can be shared by the various items.
Unfortunately I have currency exchange to content with witch resulted in me having to drop 1 item off my list. All because the powers that be, made some serious policy blunders over the last two months and our curency plumeted by 12% against the greenback. But dispite all this, I still paid almost 40% less than what I would have iff I purchased it from the agent in our country.

Well Yesterday Christmass came around for the second time in less than 50days!!!:D
When I got home this was waiting for me.

I could not wait to unpack it all!:D

Now I will Have to make a new cabinet because there is no more space for all that in here.:eek:

Derek Cohen
02-14-2008, 7:29 AM
Hoe gaan dit, Henk.

I shall be in Cape Town in May. Is there anything of note to see in regard to woodworking, such as handcrafted furniture, vintage tools, etc?

Great tools!

Regards from Perth

Derek

harry strasil
02-14-2008, 8:14 AM
good show Henk, Enjoy

Ken Werner
02-14-2008, 8:57 AM
That is a very serious gloat indeed. Have fun.

Ken

gary Zimmel
02-14-2008, 9:24 AM
Good haul....

Now thats the way to make the tool inventory grow.

Michael Gibbons
02-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Nice haul Henk!! Maybe you don't have to build a new cabinet if you sit down and look at the cabinet. Maybe just rearrange it a little, it should all fit, that is if you don't plan on buying anymore.:D:D

Greg Crawford
02-14-2008, 7:53 PM
Nice, nice nice! You should enjoy these, as the Veritas are fine tools.

Gary Herrmann
02-14-2008, 9:10 PM
Very nice gloat. You'll like the router plane. I've been thinking about that spoke shave.

Mike Cutler
02-14-2008, 9:30 PM
Nice gloat Henk.
That's a fine assortment of Veritas products that you got there. Thank you for sharing it with us.
The internet has the made the world a smaller place hasn't it.

Henk Marais
02-15-2008, 1:12 AM
Thank you guys for all the compliments.;)