PDA

View Full Version : For those in the Fort Worth/Mid cities area.

Jim O'Dell
02-13-2008, 8:09 PM
I took off work a couple hours early today to go get some laminate to be able to progress on my mobile SCMS cart this weekend. The local distributor is Waldens on Hwy 121 about 2 miles west of the Loop 820/121 intersection. They have tons of laminate. Not cheap, but they must have some sheets of all colors. But what caught my eyes when I walked in is they have Porter Cable products. Then I saw racks of Freud router bits and some blades. Then I saw a big rack of Amana router bits. (didn't notice any blades) THEN I NOTICED THEY CARRY FESTOOL!!! I had no idea they had these items. Also the soft/self closing drawer slides are in stock too. Man, I was giddy!! There was one guy assembling a Festool vac, don't know which model. He said Festool was selling very well for them. I asked about the Kapex, and he said they were being told late summer, and price around $1000 to $1200. When I asked about the Kapex, the laminate guy asked if I was talking about the, and here I lost him a little, saw or table saw. Is there a table saw coming? That would seem odd.
Keep this place in mind if you need something specific. Really nice people to work with also. Jim.

Matt Benton
02-14-2008, 9:52 AM
Jim,

I first went in there a couple of months ago. I couldn't believe I'd been living within a couple of miles of that place for so long without knowing about it. Great router bit selection!

Bill Huber
02-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Is that in Haltom City?

I will have to go by and look and see what all they have. There are times that I have wanted a router bit but then only close place to get one was HD or Lowes and they don't have very many.

Thanks Jim.......

Jim O'Dell
02-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Your're right. I knew about this place from the middle 90's but never went in there. I worked for PCI/Hawk Electronics then, which is headquarted right next door, and our main custom installer would get supplies there. May have even bought the Unisaw from them for the shop. Jim.