PDA

View Full Version : Neat parts organizer

Rick Potter
02-13-2008, 3:29 PM
Went to Costco yesterday, and found a really neat small parts organizer in the tool section (about $25). It is not a multi drawer type, it has bins in two layers. The top opens for the smaller bins, and the whole small bin section cantilevers back on four arms to reveal the larger bins. It seems more sturdy than most I have seen at HD or Lowes. The best part is that it has a decent system to lock the small stuff in when you tip it to carry it around, and they stack.

Made by Keter..called the ForTools. I will be using them to carry fasteners, electrical wing nuts etc. in the tool box on my truck.

I looked all around on it, but could not find any indication where it is made. Instructions are in the usual English, Spanish, French, but also in German.

Worth a look, it's only a few bucks more than the normal ones it's size.

Rick Potter

Chris Padilla
02-13-2008, 3:53 PM
If this is a gloat, Rick, we'll need, uhm, PICS to verify this thinly veiled gloat! ;)

Rick Potter
02-13-2008, 6:21 PM
This is strictly informational. If I coulda got them for half off it would be a gloat.

Rick P

Brice Burrell
02-13-2008, 7:39 PM
Don't know where they are made but the company is based in Herzliya, Israel.

Jeffrey Makiel
02-14-2008, 8:19 AM
Interesting timing for this post.

I decided to get rid of the baby food jar storage rack that I had for almost 20 years and substitute it with storage container boxes which slide out of their respective slot. Fellow SMC members hooked me up with an outdoor equipment mailorder company for the containers which were only $2.49 each. I bought 30 of them.

Here's some pics of my plans to build two of these. The top shelf is for coffee can storage which holds larger quantities of hardware like deck screws, nails, etc. The storage unit will hang on the wall above my shop machines.

-Jeff :)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/Beff2/Storageshelf800x640.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/Beff2/Presentation2-1.jpg

richard poitras
02-14-2008, 4:06 PM
Jeff,whats the name of the outdoor equipment mailorder company for the containers ?

Jeffrey Makiel
02-15-2008, 8:43 AM
They are called Cabelas at Cabelas.com. They offer two product lines of container boxes: Plano and Flambeau. I used Flambeau 4006 series.

Eric Haycraft
02-15-2008, 9:00 AM
They are called Cabelas at Cabelas.com. They offer two product lines of container boxes: Plano and Flambeau. I used Flambeau 4006 series.

Sweet.. I get a discount there :)
Thanks for passing the info along.

Jeffrey Makiel
02-15-2008, 2:38 PM
Here's a pic of one. It has a minium of 6 fixed compartments. It also comes with 12 blue dividers to make up to 18 compartments. It also sports a real hinge versus a bent plastic tab.

The box has the ability to make 36 compartments but they do not provide enough dividers (only 12), and more dividers are not offered as an option. However, the compartments would be very small. It does offer a lot of flexibility in compartment size though.

The plastic used in the box has some kind of additive that prevents corrosion of fishing lures. Cabelas claims that it is non-toxic.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/Beff2/DSCF11131024x768.jpg

Steve Roxberg
02-24-2008, 1:34 PM
Here is a JPEG of the organizer described in the original post.

I picked one up today, they are pretty slick.