PDA

View Full Version : TS Purchased

John Yogus
02-13-2008, 2:29 PM
After months of thinking, comparing, passing up (and regretting), and more of the same, I finally pulled the trigger:). I ordered the Jet Proshop today...just have to wait until the end of March (hopefully) for it. It came down to the 3650 vs. the Proshop (along with a tempting "22124" wanna be that popped in there to add to the confusion). After reading all the reivews/literature I could in the last few weeks about these two saws, it seemed as though the Proshop was the hands down winner. It also seems to be a better fit for me as my skills progress. I toyed with the idea of waiting for the riving knife as discussed in recent posts, but decided to order now. When she arrives, I'll be sure to let you know what I think. My wife has already ordered a new desk and TV stand.

Greg Muller
02-13-2008, 2:31 PM
Congrats!!! I am sure you will enjoy your Jet!

But... Rules are rules-

NO PICS... DIDN'T HAPPEN!

Bas Pluim
02-13-2008, 3:32 PM
John, congratulations on your purchase. I've been very happy with my ProShop, hope you can contain your impatience until it arrives!

Couple of things:
- The ProShop has some openings in the bottom where sawdust will leak out. Easily plugged with duct tape, electrical tape, shims, plastic covers etc.
- There are no Zero Clearance Inserts that fit the ProShop (yet). The JET contractor ZCIs do NOT fit. It's easy enough to make them yourself from 1/2" MDF, provided you have a router, flush trim bit and 1/2" rabbeting bit.

Other than that, it's pretty much plug-it-in-and-start-cutting.