PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a box joint vendor

David Gunn
02-13-2008, 1:09 PM
Last weekend at the woodworking show, I saw a demo for for some fancy dovetail jig and box joint jig. By fancy, I mean that the tails and pins were not standard shapes. They had curves and different designs. MLCS used to carry the templates, but the don't anymore. It looked like all the jigs were made of UHMW. All of these were used with a router table. Does anybody know the name of the manufacturer?

John Thompson
02-13-2008, 2:11 PM
Woodline USA carries the Route-R-Joint kit for $179 with about 7-8 templates plus with it. I saw them at the Atlanta WW Show two weeks ago and just looked in their catalog.

You might call them and see if they can get an individual template.

Sarge..

Greg Muller
02-13-2008, 2:13 PM
Here is Woodline's box joint setup. Very easy to use.

http://www.woodline.com/p-1832-woodline-spacer-fence-sysem.aspx

Greg

David Gunn
02-13-2008, 11:22 PM
Thanks guys. Woodline is who I was looking for. The man that did the demo was funny. They have good "show" prices at the wood working show too. Has anyone here used any of these sets, either the dovetail or box joint jig? I don't have a good dado set, and was thinking of trying to duplicate the box joint jig myself. That way, I could use it on my router table. Any advice on trying to do that?

John Thompson
02-14-2008, 3:58 PM
Thanks guys. Woodline is who I was looking for. The man that did the demo was funny. They have good "show" prices at the wood working show too. Has anyone here used any of these sets, either the dovetail or box joint jig? I don't have a good dado set, and was thinking of trying to duplicate the box joint jig myself. That way, I could use it on my router table. Any advice on trying to do that?

I have made about every jig I have. I cut box joints on the TS and the router. My TS jig guide bar works just as well in the miter track I installed on the router table as the TS. I find the box joints done on the router a little cleaner IMO. I back them up with UMHV to stop blow-out.

Go for it.. you basically have nothing to lose and everything to gain if it works out.

Regards...

Sarge..