PDA

View Full Version : NWA Woodworking Showcase

Don Orr
02-13-2008, 12:52 PM
Fellow woodworkers,

The Northeastern Woodworkers Association is pleased to our 17th annual Showcase of Fine Woodworking in Saratoga Springs, NY on Sat. & Sun., April 5 & 6, 2008. The theme this year is Rustic/Adirondack Furniture. This is not one of those “traveling” shows, it is a large local show produced entirely by volunteers.

We will again have our large Gallery of amateur and professional work as well as tool and wood vendors, demos and lectures. All is included in the admission price, except of course, purchases from vendors. We have several demo areas including turning, carving, scrollsawing, and a toy factory some of which have free giveaways for the youngsters.

More info can be found at the website;

www.nwawoodworkingshow.org (http://www.nwawoodworkingshow.org/)

Hope to see you there!

Don Orr
02-19-2008, 11:53 AM
I'll be bumping this up each week til show time.

Come check us out.

Don Orr
03-13-2008, 3:27 PM
Just bumping it up again.

Greg Hines, MD
03-13-2008, 3:35 PM
Very interesting. I wish I lived near there to visit.

Doc

John Shuk
03-13-2008, 3:56 PM
Anyone living within driving range should try to make the show. I usually go each year with the exception being last year. It is a great show and the showcase is great. It isn't loaded with vendors with a little bit of woodworking thrown in. It is about woodworking and seeing what fellow WWR's are building.
I plan on heading up there this year with my 6 year old this year. He is pretty excited about going. I'll see you there Don. I met Don at the Totally Turning symposium a couple of years ago. Very nice guy. The NWA is lucky to have him as a member.

For any who have never been there Saratoga is a great town to visit as well.
I'll be making the 2 hr 15 min drive.
I wish I lived close enough to join the club that organizes the showcase.

Nate Rogers
03-13-2008, 4:29 PM
Hello All,
I have been to this show several times, it is wonderfull!! And the NWA is a great organization, the show is heavy on the woodworking and light on the vendors. Just the way I like it, don't miss a chance to check this out!!

Nate

Dave Anderson NH
03-14-2008, 8:02 AM
Please move this post back to the main forums, NWA is a club and not a commercial venture. Their show is awesome, one of the best 2 in the country. Go if you can afford the time for the drive.

Andy Hoyt
03-14-2008, 8:19 AM
Sheesh, Dave. Do I have to do everything for you? :D

Don Orr
03-28-2008, 11:22 AM
Our show is coming up next weekend and I wanted to bump this up as a reminder.

John, thanks for the nice comments. And thanks to everyone else as well. Hope to see you there.

Chris Stolicky
03-31-2008, 2:31 PM
Bumping it for you Don.

I will be there this weekend....

I got roped into turning on Sunday. I guess its not bad even though I have only been turning for what, five months now? Let's hope I don't embarrass myself! I am looking forward to seeing everything on display at the show.

I'll see you at the AWA meeting on Wednesday, with most other people twice my age :D.