PDA

View Full Version : Funny quote on ESPN radio

Greg Muller
02-13-2008, 10:28 AM
:DAll,
I was listening to my Sirius tuned to ESPN radio, and Colin Cowherd just read an email:

The three things I don't want to be today,

3) A horse with a broken leg

2) The biggest lobster in the tank at a fancy restaurant

1) Roger Clemons' underwear 18 seconds after he learns what Andy Petitte said about their steroid use.

Cracked me up.

Greg

Chris Padilla
02-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Colin is funny but overall I don't care for him. Since I'm a big Colorado sports fan (Broncos, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche), I constantly hear him bashing on the "lower market area" teams and he really ripped into the Colorado Rockies about how no one could care less about this team in the US and how EVERYONE wants to see the Red Sox, the Yankees, the Braves, and the Cubs.... Blah, I wanted to punch the guy...but he can be funny I'll admit.... :)

Greg Muller
02-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Chris,
you are right, he does favor his larger markets. I am a fan of Minnesota sports since I lived there for many years, and i currently live in KC, so I have definitely noticed him bashing my teams.

I guess he knows where his bread is buttered, though. His ratings are huge, and not just because he follows Mike and Mike.

Greg

Tim Morton
02-13-2008, 3:14 PM
I am taking the day off today and am watching the "trial"....roger is getting the screws put to him pretty good. I don't have a dog in that race, but it seems to me that it is more likely than not that roger wishes he had just come clean from the beginning. It is pure ugly watching him on the stand.:eek:

Bob Swenson
02-14-2008, 11:10 AM
I wish some one could tell me why this government is wasting time and money on a modern witch hunt looking for liars. Next they will be investigating the effect of fornicating frogs in the Jersey City water supply. Hello, are we too dumb to elect better representatives?:(

Michael Gibbons
02-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Is taking illegal steroids illegal? Sure. But on the bright side, they have a somewhat positive effect where cocaine, meth and that other stuff does not. Not condoning it ....

Curt Harms
02-14-2008, 2:30 PM
I wish some one could tell me why this government is wasting time and money on a modern witch hunt looking for liars. Next they will be investigating the effect of fornicating frogs in the Jersey City water supply. Hello, are we too dumb to elect better representatives?:(

Seems like it, less political potholes than other topics.

Dexter Hahn
02-14-2008, 2:33 PM
Seems like it, less political potholes than other topics.

Right... they want us to think they're doing something without having to actually do anything.