PDA

View Full Version : Word 2 jpeg to .pdf

Brian Robison
02-13-2008, 10:17 AM
How do I import a word doc into Corel and have it look like it did in Word?

Stephen Beckham
02-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Brian - the only time I had to do that with a General's Letter for engraving, I had to export or save it as a PDF. Then import the PDF to Corel.... Hope that helps... If you need help saving it as a PDF, email me the .doc file and I'll send it back as a PDF...

Steve

Brian Robison
02-13-2008, 2:08 PM
Thanks for the offer, I just scanned it and saved it as a .jpeg and a .pdf. Not really what I wanted to do but it worked in a pinch. I thought the word doc would go right in to Corel but it didn't. :confused:

Doug Shepard
02-13-2008, 2:14 PM
Brian
I dont normally venture into the Laser forums or know diddly about Corel, but if you need a free program that can convert back and forth between Word and PDF's try http://www.openoffice.org/ . Though the doc format isn't it's native one, it can read a doc file, then save as a pdf instead of it's native one.

Brian Robison
02-13-2008, 2:20 PM
Thanks Doug,
I've give it a try.

Roy Brewer
02-14-2008, 1:25 AM
How do I import a word doc into Corel and have it look like it did in Word?Brian,
If it is a "normal" MSWord doc, just drag and drop it onto a new page in Corel. Dialog asks if you want to maintain formatting, etc.

If you mean a graphic (JPEG?), copy/paste often will bring it in as a Word object and will not let you edit it(double clicking takes you back to Word for editing which you can't!). In this case, right click on it and you'll have an option convert to Corel object (or something like that) and then it'll be the same as is was before importing/pasting into Word.

Brian Robison
02-14-2008, 8:14 AM
Hi Roy,
Let me explain better. I have a document sent to me in Word with logos and special fonts, I need to turn into a .jpeg to upload on my website and a downloadable .pdf
for folk to click on and print out.

Joe Pelonio
02-14-2008, 8:28 AM
I have not had any trouble importing Word text only documents into Corel.

For the graphic, select and copy from Word and paste it into Corel rather than trying to import it with the text.

Brian Robison
02-14-2008, 8:32 AM
Well I'll be darned, that worked just fine.
Thanks Mean Joe!