PDA

View Full Version : Outstanding deal on Sorby Turning Tools

Tim Malyszko
02-13-2008, 9:01 AM
I received the Rockler sales flyer in the mail yesterday and the 6-piece set of Sorby Turning Tools is on sale for $149. I believe this price only applies to in-store purchases and is limited to the stock on hand. The set normally sells for $210 to $300 depending on where you puchase it and includes the following tools:

3/4" roughing gouge
3/8" spindle gouge
3/8" bowl gouge
3/4" oval skew
1/8" standard parting tool
1/2" round scraperI have this set and have been extremely satisfied with it. The only modification I made was regrinding the bowl gouge to a fingernail profile.

Harvey M. Taylor
02-13-2008, 1:24 PM
I went the next day after the sale started and bought the Ellsworth signature gouge for 70.00. they were already out and had to order it. I have one I bought for 109.00 and this was too good to pass up. Max

Jim Hill
02-13-2008, 2:26 PM
Tim,

Thanks so much for posting this. I've been wanting to upgrade and this is just what I was looking for. A quick phone call to our friends at Rockler and I am now the proud owner of this set. Just have to wait until this weekend to pick it up.

Thanks again.

Jim

Chris Fierro
02-13-2008, 2:32 PM
The Portland, ME store is out and advising that there are very limited quantities of these sets. Move quickly would be my advice.

Tim Malyszko
02-13-2008, 2:38 PM
I went the next day after the sale started and bought the Ellsworth signature gouge for 70.00. they were already out and had to order it. I have one I bought for 109.00 and this was too good to pass up. Max

I saw that too. Even though I already have a bowl gouge, I may pick up the Ellsworth. At that price, its worth experimenting with. Also, there have been a few occassions I wish I kept the traditional grind on my Sorby Bowl gouge so I may buy the Ellsworth and re-grind the Sorby.

Derek Hansen
02-13-2008, 7:29 PM
Thanks for posting this...I read it right before I headed out the door to my doctors appointment which took me right by Rockler. Score!

Duff Bement
02-13-2008, 9:10 PM
Just got the set in the mail today - My wife called the 800 number 3 hours after the sale started and they were out. She hung up and the store in Minneapolis they said they had 6 left and they would put a set in the mail on Monday. Great service from a great store.:D