PDA

View Full Version : How fast can a mfg rebate arrive?

Jim O'Dell
02-12-2008, 7:10 PM
I bought my Hitachi C10FSH on Jan 26, IIRC. The rebate for the free router was sent on the following Monday. It arrived today!!! I've never seen a rebate be turned around so quickly! Kudos to Hitachi!!81515
Now, to decide whether to keep it, or sell it. If it was a plunge unit, it would already be out in the shop. Until I decide, I'll keep it boxed up. (If I open it, it will stay for sure!:D ) Jim.

Bruce Page
02-12-2008, 7:19 PM
Very cool!
My average is more like 6 weeks.:(

Jason Beam
02-12-2008, 7:20 PM
nice!

I think my fastest turnaround was on the kreg jig I got at rockler - about 3 weeks. It was speedy. Stealth gloat: Kreg K3 Master system, 50% off scratch-off on rockler's site, free shipping, and $20 rebate promo - I was out $49 bucks ... sold my old k2000 system for $130 - i paid $129 and used it for two years before selling it ... yeah. Stealth gloat :P

Jim O'Dell
02-12-2008, 7:22 PM
WOW, that was a great buy on the K3!! Congrats! Jim.

Rich Schneider
02-12-2008, 7:44 PM
Pretty amazing turnaround...I've never got one back that fast, but I had a remarkably pleasant experience with a rebate processing company recently. I had purchased a new wildlife trail camera from a local store. The rebate form the store had given me listed the model of my camera on the front, but the back of the form didn't have a check box for the particular camera I purchased. I filled it out and sent in all the stuff. As soon as the processing company got it they sent me an email saying it arrived. About two weeks later they sent me an email saying the UPC I sent in didn't qualify for this particular rebate, but I could submit the correct UPC and they would honor that. I went to the camera company's website and looked at their copy of the rebate form..turned out the form the store gave me was messed up, so I figured I'm screwed out of my rebate. I had dealt with the camera company itself and figured that would be a dead end. I stewed about it for a day or two and decided to call the rebate processing company since I had their 800 number. I got to talk to a live person in the USA within a minute of calling, and two minutes later the whole mess was straightened out! I was amazed.....

Kelly Leblond
02-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Took 3 months to get my free colt router after buying a Bosch miter saw. Must say, excellent job Hitachi...no comment on Bosch!

Chuck Burns
02-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Milwaukee had a deal when you bought the V28 Cordless set you could choose a free tool or battery. I chose the V28 1/2 impact tool and sent the form off the day I got the set from Amazon. The tool arrived in one week. I could hardly believe it. It was the best rebate performance I've ever seen. Now rebates for electronic things tend to get denied; Sony has pulled that stunt on me twice.

Chris Barnett
02-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Fastest was rebate from Woodcraft at maybe a few weeks. Looking at the bright side.

Rocky Ragano
02-16-2008, 7:52 AM
I also purchased a Hitachi C10FSH miter saw. I mailed my rebate information on January 16, 2008. I have not received my free router as of this post. Furthermore, I can't get anyone from Hitachi to return my calls checking on the status of my free router. There was no web address on the rebate form that allows one to check status, only a non-toll free phone number (770-431-2596). When I called that number I get an answering machine where a woman's voice says "you have reached World Marketing Atlanta, please leave a message and I'll return your call". I've called 3 times in the last few days and have not received any call back. Thus, I am not impressed with Hitachi's rebate service.

By the way, check your new C10FSH for perfectly square cuts. Mine was off by 1/16 inch on an 8 inch wide board. The manual doesn't cover how to adjust, but it is an easy adjustment by loosening 4 bolts and re-adjusting.

Jim O'Dell
02-16-2008, 9:45 AM
Rocky, you're on the right track. The return address on the box my router was shipped in is World Marketing Atlanta, and was shipped out of Smyrna GA. There is another phone number on the return label. 770-431-2500. Makes me wonder if your rebate got there. No reason for rebates to be sent out of order, especially since your's was sent 2 weeks before mine! Keep on them. Did you make a copy of all the information including UPC before you mailed it? If so, maybe resubmit? Might be worth a try. Jim.

Rocky Ragano
02-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Rocky, you're on the right track. The return address on the box my router was shipped in is World Marketing Atlanta, and was shipped out of Smyrna GA. There is another phone number on the return label. 770-431-2500. Makes me wonder if your rebate got there. No reason for rebates to be sent out of order, especially since your's was sent 2 weeks before mine! Keep on them. Did you make a copy of all the information including UPC before you mailed it? If so, maybe resubmit? Might be worth a try. Jim.

Jim,

Yes, I kept copies of everything.....and, I will keep on them. On Monday, I'll try again to contact World Marketing, Hitachi, etc.

Thanks,
Rocky

Rick Gifford
02-16-2008, 3:38 PM
Not bad. My fastest was from Woodcraft, one week turnaround. Might be cause I am local with the headquarters I dunno.

My free sander with Dewalt 735 came in a few weeks.

Lately the rabates have been rather quick. Usually they are months...and months...

Ben Cadotte
02-16-2008, 9:52 PM
Still waiting for one from Linksys from 3 years ago. Don't think its comming.

Rocky Ragano
02-21-2008, 3:31 PM
I received my "free" Hitachi router yesterday. It took a few phone calls to 4 different phone numbers. The phone number Hitachi provided on the rebate form was wrong. Apparently, my router was initially sent to the wrong address, causing the delay. It's a very nice, quiet running router.

CASE CLOSED - :)