PDA

View Full Version : No shop time today

Sean Troy
02-12-2008, 9:17 AM
I can't get in my shop. We got 4 inches of snow last night then an inch of ice thats got my door to the shop froze with a coating of ice on that. My truck looks like something out of a Sci-Fi movie after leaving it out in the driveway last night. The fun thing is watching my dogs go out the doggie door and slipping and sliding all over the back yard. They're having a blast trying to chase each other. More snow and ice on the way. If I can get the truck de-iced, I'll take the kids to the golf course for some sledding time. Not a bad trade off .

Ken Fitzgerald
02-12-2008, 9:22 AM
I enjoy the snow....not the ice however. Good luck!

Paul Girouard
02-12-2008, 10:00 AM
I can't get in my shop. We got 4 inches of snow last night then an inch of ice thats got my door to the shop froze with a coating of ice on that. My truck looks like something out of a Sci-Fi movie after leaving it out in the driveway last night. The fun thing is watching my dogs go out the doggie door and slipping and sliding all over the back yard. They're having a blast trying to chase each other. More snow and ice on the way. If I can get the truck de-iced, I'll take the kids to the golf course for some sledding time. Not a bad trade off .

Photos ?? Please:D

Ron Kellison
02-12-2008, 10:47 AM
We've had over 100" so far this year and we're just entering the snowiest (sp?) time of the year. On track for the most winter snow in history! Add that in with 2 or 3 bouts of freezing rain, and a temp that was -5 this morning and you can see why I'm already sick of winter! Only 2 or 3 months left until Spring!

Regards,

Ron (up in Ontario)

Rod Sheridan
02-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Just looked out the office window, winter storm in Toronto (again).

I wish I was in the shop instead....Rod.

Sean Troy
02-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Photos ?? Please:D

3/4" of ice on the truck. We have been getting rain the past hour (32 degrees) washing some of the ice away (that helps)but it's supposed to get back to freezing this afternoon with snow comming in. I've been trying to get the 2" of ice off the driveway before the snow comes in. 2 foot drifts of wet icy snow infront of the garage door took me awhile to move this morning. i am getting my excersise this morning. feels good.

Bill Huber
02-12-2008, 11:04 AM
A word of caution here...

Don't eat the yellow snow.... just take my word for it.

And you can keep all the snow and ice right there I don't want any of it.

David Seng
02-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Little bit of snow up here in SE Alaska too - that's a 6 foot tall fence. Only the top 18 inches is still visible!

glenn bradley
02-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Little bit of snow up here in SE Alaska too - that's a 6 foot tall fence. Only the top 18 inches is still visible!

That is beautiful . . . . to look at, that is.;)

Sean Troy
02-12-2008, 1:43 PM
A moderate amount of snow is fun and beautiful but this ice nonsense is for the birds. Raining all morning and freezing on contact. The trees are making some scary noises. I don't need wood this way:eek:.

Dick Sylvan
02-12-2008, 5:55 PM
We've had over 100" so far this year and we're just entering the snowiest (sp?) time of the year. On track for the most winter snow in history! Add that in with 2 or 3 bouts of freezing rain, and a temp that was -5 this morning and you can see why I'm already sick of winter! Only 2 or 3 months left until Spring!

Regards,

Ron (up in Ontario)

Ugh!!! Only two or three weeks until spring here!!