PDA

View Full Version : It's Alive!

FRITZ STOOP
02-12-2008, 1:51 AM
:cool:
CU300Smart has come to life! Thanks, in part to info offered here and the Minimax forum on Yahoo.
It is true that the Europeans place a much higher value on operator safety. The protocols used to operate this machine include lots of mandatory switch positions on lots of switches that are very logical. Beyond that, there is a layer of microswitches that ensure that everything is buttoned down before anything sharp starts to spin.
My problem was with one of the microswitches, which, if not properly engaged, shuts off all power. Same with the red shut down buttons (of which there are three). If any one of them, no matter which function they control, is not in the "out" position, nothing will work.
My precise problem was the microswitch at the shaper motor location. It was only "partially" inop. That is, the circular saw and J/P worked after several attempts at remedy. One of which was that I ran AWG10 cable all the way to the panel and that got two of the three going, but the shaper motor was dead. I was getting inconsistent readings on the volt meter back to the shaper's green "on" button, but good ones to the other green buttons (there are three). So, I took the microswitch apart, cleaned the contact (which looked perfectly OK) and put it back together. And, Voila!, power everywhere.
Go figure.

Thanks again to all who offered support and ideas. I really appreciate the input and motivation.

I was very close to losing it. Although, according to my wife that is not an unusual position for me to find myself anyway.

While I was fretting, I made 5 of these for a client:
Now that was FUN!!!:D