PDA

View Full Version : Drum Sander

DAVE HACKWORTH
02-11-2008, 7:15 PM
Hello Everbody This Is My First Post But Have Been Reading Others For Awile . I Would Like Some Imformation On The 18'' Open End Drum Sander From Grizzly Modle Go458. Thanks Dave

Mike Cutler
02-11-2008, 8:36 PM
Dave

First off. Welcome to Sawmill Creek. Pleased to meet you.

The G0458 is an interesting setup.
I have the Performax 16-32, but it looks like it works different. On the Perfomax the, drum moves up and down, on that one it appears that the table moves up and down.

I'm sorry I can't help you out more, but I did want to welcome you.

John Michaels
02-11-2008, 11:41 PM
I've been looking at drum sanders alot lately. I had my eye on the grizzly 18" for a while. The disadvantages to the griz are support for longer stock because the table moves up & down while the drum stays in place. You would spend alot of time adjusting roller stands or outfeed tabls, and the fact that the dust port is only 2 1/2". I've decided to get the Performax 16-32 after looking at them all. 4" inch dust port is a big plus.

Anthony Whitesell
02-12-2008, 7:33 AM
I've heard the same thing about the Delta 18", in that the table moves instead of the drum. I'll be picking up my Jet 16-32 this weekend.

Richard M. Wolfe
02-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Hi Dave and Welcome,

Sorry, I can't give you any input on the Grizzly sander. I have the Delta drum sander and with it the table moves and sanding roll is stationary. Easily my worst tool buy. Make one or two passes and it's out of alignment....the table refuses to stay flat. People who have the Performax seem to like it well enough. But as to your question to start with on Grizzly can't be of any help.

DAVE HACKWORTH
02-13-2008, 5:17 PM
Thanks Everybody For The Info.