PDA

View Full Version : Creeker visit invite

Al Willits
02-11-2008, 4:56 PM
As it stands now, it looks like Nancy and David Laird will be visiting Tyler and myself this coming Feb 13th for a nice meal and chat, anybody in the Mpls/St Paul area that's interested in joining us would be welcomed.

Tentatively we've planned to meet at Maggianos in the South dale mall, time is not yet decided and we are not sure if the Lairds are allergic to Italian food yet....:)

Tyler is busy at home and work so he left choice of restaurant up to me, I brought up White Castle and he muttered something about hanging me, so I had to upgrade a bit. :D

Anyway, if your close come join us.
We should have times soon.

Al

http://www.maggianos.com/

Tyler Howell
02-11-2008, 9:17 PM
Thanks Al,
Sounds Like a party.
I'm good for 6:00
Good choice.:cool:

Dick Latshaw
02-11-2008, 9:23 PM
Love to join you guys but Mpls. in February is not one of my favorite things, having spent 22 years up there. Let's see: Right now it's 66 here and 6 where you are - umm, I don't think so.

Have fun though.

Jack Hogoboom
02-11-2008, 9:59 PM
I'm with Dick.

I'd love to meet all of you, but the last time I was in Minneapolis in February, it was -20 and snowing. :eek: Given the weather you are having now, there ain't no way....:rolleyes:

Maybe sometime in the summer....

Have fun. Anyone know at what beer freezes?

Jack

Al Willits
02-12-2008, 9:12 AM
Bunch'a whoosy's, I justed checked and the high tomm is 22 degree's, beer ain't even close to freezing at that temp...I think...:)

O-well, maybe next time. :)

Al....Minn...proof gobal warming is a farce...:D

Ken Fitzgerald
02-12-2008, 9:24 AM
Al....I am jealous!

Give the Lairds and Tyler my best!

Nancy Laird
02-12-2008, 10:16 AM
No, the Lairds aren't allergic to Italian food, swo we are meeting Tyler and Al and Lori at Maggiano's tomorrow (Wed) night at 6. And yes, it is COLD here - current temp is about 7 degrees--I'm not a fan of cold weather, and neither is David, and we requested warmer weather for our visit, but to no avail. We are looking forward to meeting Al and Tyler---and having some laughs along with our linguini!! Report to follow, with pictures!!

Nancy

Al Willits
02-12-2008, 10:41 AM
"""""""""""
I'm not a fan of cold weather, and neither is David, and we requested warmer weather for our visit, but to no avail.
"""""""

Ah...not so, ye of little faith, why just a couple days ago it was -16 below and we managed to get this warm spell in just for you two, gets much warmer out and we'll have fire up the A/C. :D

Al

Karl Laustrup
02-12-2008, 5:10 PM
Well, as much as I'd like to meet the Laird's, I'll have to pass. The food and company promise a good time. Anyone planning on the linguini with clams and white sauce?

It's always great to meet new friends, as well as getting together with old friends.

Tyler, we need to get together again before I need a passport and a weeks vacation to visit. :D Al, I'll leave the light on. :D

I certainly hope someone will snap a few pictures.

As far as snow and cold, I think we've got Minneapolis beat this year. Our weatherman showed snow totals for several cities in the midwest last night. Marquette, MI was number one with 120 inches. :eek: Madison was two with 77+ inches, which is a new record. Minneapolis came in with only 25 inches. What's up with that????:confused:

Karl

Glenn Clabo
02-12-2008, 5:50 PM
As far as snow and cold, I think we've got Minneapolis beat this year. Our weatherman showed snow totals for several cities in the midwest last night. Marquette, MI was number one with 120 inches. :eek: Madison was two with 77+ inches, which is a new record. Minneapolis came in with only 25 inches. What's up with that????:confused:
Karl

Karl...If youse guys are anything like us New Englandahs...we would say...it's too cold to snow today.

Karl Laustrup
02-12-2008, 7:31 PM
Karl...If youse guys are anything like us New Englandahs...we would say...it's too cold to snow today.

I've tried that Glenn. Don't work. It snowed last week with the temps below zero and today it snowed some more with the temps in the low single digits.

I've never been so ready for spring. We may not get to do a lot of spring things though until sometime in June.

Karl

Al Willits
02-13-2008, 9:05 AM
Little update, din din is at 5:45, tried the online reservation and it won't give me 6:00..grrrr

Karl, we're getting sporadic cold temps (below zero) here, but nowhere near the snow, in fact we're quite a bit short of our average I believe.
Make sure your maintaining that snow blower Karl, a little grease, seafoam and TLC will make them run much better..

Al

Phyllis Meyer
02-13-2008, 10:26 AM
An Italian Dinner-Plus Good Company...I'm so jealous! The cold wouldn't frighten me, I wish our schedule would permit it. Have a great time, and we would like to have a video of you all singing..."when the moon hits the sky like a big pizza pie...that's Amore' "

Phyllis:)

Karl Laustrup
02-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Have a great time, and we would like to have a video of you all singing..."when the moon hits the sky like a big pizza pie...that's Amore' "

Yes, a video would be a wonderful idea.:)

Could you dub Dean Martin singing though? ;):D:D

Karl

Belinda Barfield
02-13-2008, 1:15 PM
Sounds like a great visit! It's a little too far for me to travel but I wish I could be there. I'm wondering when Nancy's retirement is going to allow her to head in the direction of Savannah. I've ordered in nice warm weather so we'll be ready for her. Maybe I can make the next gathering in your neck of the woods . . . just give me enough time to borrow clothes from everyone I know so I will have enough layers to stay warm.

Fred Voorhees
02-13-2008, 7:39 PM
I want to see pics guys! Tyler should not have to be told.:p

Bob Antoniewicz
02-13-2008, 9:41 PM
Would be cool to have a creeker dinner in LA area, too!

If we could find a restaurant chain that we could all visit - albeit at different locations - would be kinda cool. Almost like gettin' together.

World Creeker Day. Sumthin' like that.

Jeff Bratt
02-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Freezing beer depends on the alcohol level - for each one percent ethanol content the freezing point lowers by .42° C, or .75° F. So typical American beer will freeze at about 30° F, stronger ales, etc., 27-29° F. Don't leave them outside in Minn this time of year...

Tyler Howell
02-13-2008, 10:14 PM
It happened,
Sorry I'm in a rush but I have proof.
Beastie and Al were in their usual rare form and it was a true delight to meet Nancy and Dave
Lots of good food, shop talk and safety conversation.
Safe journey my friends.
More pix later:D:D
Thanks for a great time.

Al Willits
02-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Lori and I had a great time, David and Nancy are great company and with Tyler it made for a very enjoyable evening.
Felt sorry for the two from New Mexico, as not only is the weather here in Minn a bit cool for them, it started snowing as we left the restaurant, hoping all went well for them on their trip back to the motel.

I can still say I haven't been part of a Creeker gathering I haven't enjoyed, good people and a good time, hard to beat that combination.

Al

Nancy Laird
02-14-2008, 9:01 AM
It happened,
Sorry I'm in a rush but I have proof.
Beastie and Al were in their usual rare form and it was a true delight to meet Nancy and Dave
Lots of good food, shop talk and safety conversation.
Safe journey my friends.
More pix later:D:D
Thanks for a great time.

Lori and I had a great time, David and Nancy are great company and with Tyler it made for a very enjoyable evening.
Felt sorry for the two from New Mexico, as not only is the weather here in Minn a bit cool for them, it started snowing as we left the restaurant, hoping all went well for them on their trip back to the motel.

I can still say I haven't been part of a Creeker gathering I haven't enjoyed, good people and a good time, hard to beat that combination.

Al

We had a great time!! Tyler, Al, and Lori are all just great company and very funny, and we really enjoyed the company, the food, and the comradarie. Al is right - it was snowing when we left the restaurant and it took us twice as long to get back on slippery roads as it had taken earlier during rush hour!! But we made it back without mishap - but not without SEEING a couple of mishaps on the way.

Thanks Tyler and Al for making this happen. Here are a couple of pictures.

Lori, Tyler, and Al

Tyler and Al

Nancy and David

Nancy Laird
02-14-2008, 9:18 AM
I had a couple more pictures that I wanted to post, but for some reason they won't upload from my computer - and I think it's my computer or the pictures that are bad!!! Darn it!!!

Dennis Peacock
02-14-2008, 10:09 AM
Way Cool..!!!! Great to see such Creeker visits as these. I'm also glad that Nancy and David got to meet my Northern Bro Tyler. :)

Phyllis Meyer
02-14-2008, 10:19 AM
What did you all eat? Details!

Nancy Laird
02-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Here are couple more pictures from last night - one of the whole group and one of David and me wearing our Valentine gifts to each other. Both of these were/are so appropriate for a Creeker visit and for us.

Al, David, Lori, Nancy, and Tyler

Just in case you can't read these tee-shirts, David's says "Just how much scrap lumber does a man need to save?"

Mine is SHE who must be obeyed.

Tyler, Al, and Lori got a kick out of the shirts, and one of the waitresses wanted to know where we got them!!

Phyllis, we ate Italian food - mine was linguini in red clam sauce and David had spaghetti and meatballs. I don't remember what everyone else had - we were laughing too hard.

Al Willits
02-14-2008, 11:56 AM
We had Bruschetta as a appetizer, Lori had Beef Cannelloni, Tyler had Lobster Ravioli I believe, and I had Garlic shrimp Linguine, the waitress warned us a half order on some of these dishes was plenty, and she was right..:)

Good to hear ya made it back to the motel with out having someone run into ya.

Al

Karl Laustrup
02-14-2008, 2:01 PM
It appears everyone had a great time. I know what you mean about laughing with Al & Tyler telling stories Nancy.

Hope you make it out of The Cities OK, although it doesn't look like there's quite as much snow as we're getting. It started about 5 this morning and hasn't quit. Up to around 6 inches now and still coming down. I heard reports they have closed I-90/94 northbound here at the Dells.

Anyway, glad you all had a great time and David if you have to ask, you don't have enough. :D

Karl

Glenn Clabo
02-14-2008, 2:07 PM
Al...Real Italians NEVER get half orders...they just eat twice as long.

Al Willits
02-14-2008, 2:18 PM
Al...Real Italians NEVER get half orders...they just eat twice as long.

I think if we'd got full orders, we'd still be there...:)

Al