PDA

View Full Version : Pens for Breast Cancer

Ben Gastfriend
02-11-2008, 3:53 PM
Got an order a couple weeks ago from someone who wanted to buy a bunch of pens to sell and donate the profits to breast cancer research. I told her it would be cool to dye the wood pink, and she agreed. So she decided on pink dyed maple with a gold click pen. She also wondered if I could put the ACS logo on the pens, and I told her I could, but I also said that she wouldn't be able to "sell" the pens with their logo on them; since they're a non-profit organization, she'd have to accept "donations". So that idea was thrown out. Would have been cool.

Slimline Pro Click Pen with Pink-Dyed Maple, coat of HUT Crystal Coat, buffed.

Tom Sherman
02-11-2008, 3:59 PM
I'ld say you did good Ben. Looks like a winner.

Bernie Weishapl
02-11-2008, 6:18 PM
Looks like you did a great job Ben.

Brian McInturff
02-11-2008, 6:37 PM
Looks great Ben, my wife is already asking if I can do one. She loves Pink!

Kevin Cole
02-11-2008, 7:37 PM
Good Pen, Good cause but the color isn't my cup of tea. Next time you might try pink acrylic they've got some crazy pink blanks in that.

Steve Campbell
02-11-2008, 8:33 PM
Great looking pen there Ben. I'm not crazy about pink but I LOVE the reason. I sure hope you can keep up with it. Something like that can soon catch on to the point of not being able to keep up.
Thanks for sharing.

Steve

Greg Cuetara
02-11-2008, 9:10 PM
Ben,
Great job there. As with Steve I am not crazy about pink but love the idea. I think I may steal your idea for a few pens for my LOML and mothers. What product did you use to dye the wood pink?
Greg

Ben Gastfriend
02-11-2008, 9:18 PM
I used red Belen Solar-Lux diluted with reducer, with a drop of yellow. Took me a couple tries to get the pink she wanted.

Steve Schlumpf
02-11-2008, 9:51 PM
Looks like you are turning into quite the businessman Ben! Great idea dyeing the blanks pink! Hope this turns into a big money maker for such a great cause! Impressive work Ben - keep it up!!

Walt Nollan
02-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Impressive! good job!

Walt