PDA

View Full Version : Thru Bolts

Jody Malinich
02-11-2008, 3:30 PM
Ok, I need a supplier for a bolt that is used on a crib to attached the rails to the posts. These things are allen headed, flat and 2" long. Thread is 1/4 -20. Wish I had a pic but just used the last one that I had gotten in a kit. Anyone know of a source for these?

Jody

Anthony Whitesell
02-11-2008, 3:43 PM
Not sure what these look like, but from your description I would try searching for elevator bolts. Or if you are going past a Lowes, look in there bolt drawers for elevator bolts.

Eric DeSilva
02-11-2008, 3:44 PM
Something like this?

http://www.mcfeelys.com/product/1420-KDB/-20-x-2-Wafer-Head-Brass-Plated-Screws

Jody Malinich
02-11-2008, 3:49 PM
Eric you da man!!!!!

Mike McCann
02-11-2008, 4:07 PM
When it comes to kids and safety crib manufactors are very carefull. If you are missing a screw call them up they will send you a replacement. They makers of the cribs are very easy to work with becasue of choke hazards and all.

Jody Malinich
02-11-2008, 4:12 PM
Mike,

We just started making four-legged stand for our ceremonial line of picture boards. We wanted a clean look and I had some of these left over from a rockler kit, so we used them. Worked great. I think I may use them alot more often now, after how well they worked on this latest project.

Eric DeSilva
02-11-2008, 6:08 PM
The ones on McFeeley's are "ready to assemble" screws that are usually used in conjunction with a little cylinder that has threads through the side of it. I bought some to play with and thought they might come in handy for things that get set up/broken down a lot, but every time I look at them I keep having would-you-please-help-me-assemble-this-thing-I-got-from-IKEA-nightmares.