PDA

View Full Version : Plywood or panel?

Mike Golka
02-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Ok, so the LOML says build me a toy/blanket box. Something that will proudly be displayed in our living room. It will hold toys for the Grandkids then who knows. It did a little surfn' for some ideas and she likes the plan I came up with;:D
Well sort of, She thinks I need to continue the panels on the back side but if it is almost always hidden? Any thoughts, ideas. Oh ya, it will be made of cherry.

Thanks,
Mike

Alan Tolchinsky
02-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Mike, This is very simple. If you don't do what the wife says you'll never hear the end of it. So just do it. And I think she's probably right. You never know where that "back side" will be showing. As long as it not a horrible I always listen to my wife's ideas. Usually she has some very good ones.

frank shic
02-11-2008, 12:42 PM
raised panels look better but take much more effort. keep the wife HAPPY and put those panels on the back, ok? that way you can justify yet ANOTHER tool purchase in the future!

Richard M. Wolfe
02-11-2008, 12:46 PM
I'll be one of those people I hate. Easy to give advice or say do it this way, even if it is more work, as long as it's not me doing it, huh? :rolleyes:

If it's not a terrific lot more work I think I would make panels for the back. You never know where it will come to roost. I made a simple functional toy box for a couple once. So where did it end?...as a coffee table in the middle of the living room.

(Nice looking design, BTW)

Greg Muller
02-11-2008, 1:02 PM
I like the design.

Remember, SWMBO is SWMBO. Allow and follow her advice and your hobby will not be hindered. Pick your battles, this ain't one of them...

'Nuff said.