PDA

View Full Version : Celtic Knot clipart for wedding

Uma Duffy
02-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Good Morning Everyone...and especially those across the pond-

My niece is getting married in June and we're going to laser some sample items for her to consider as take home gifts for the guests. We've picked up some bud vases, rose bowl and votive candle holders that might work...now all we need is some Celtic Knot or Claddagh art that would engrave well on glass. I've been looking at some tattoo art but was hoping to find some public domain art that doesn't look quite so scary . Maybe it's just the ferocious muscles that the art is displayed on -on the tattoo web pages!

Has anyone used the colored Thermark with glass? I thought I might get some green to try on this project but I hesitate at the cost...unless people are reporting spectacular results. We have have only been marginally successful with Cermark on steel.
Thank you for all for your generosity ....I really appreciate this great resource.

Joe Pelonio
02-11-2008, 10:26 AM
I'm doing a job now for a guy that's a lot of beveled glass mirror tiles. I'm engraving the text in reverse on the back, then spring the back with paint.
It's a really great effect. If you check at a local stained glass supply you can get smaller beveled mirror pieces in shapes that would make great gifts.

Like these

http://www.delphiglass.com/index.cfm?page=itemList&stage=2&sort=rank&startrow=31&searchtext=mirror&searchArea=&mfg=

Frank Corker
02-11-2008, 10:43 AM
I have sent you an email regarding your knots!

Uma Duffy
02-11-2008, 10:48 AM
That sounds like a great idea, Joe. I picked up some inexpensive mirrors at the dollar store, I think the idea is that they go under the votive holders, right? I had no idea what to do with them...but now I'm glad we got them. Maybe I can do a celtic know design around the perimeter and a claddagh in the center and add their names and wedding date.... The wheels are turning, now!

Mike Null
02-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Here are a few drawings.

Brian Robison
02-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Hey Frank, why don't you forward that e mail to me too, if it has what I think it has!:D

Uma Duffy
02-11-2008, 2:02 PM
Thank you, Mike...by Celtic collections has grown leaps and bounds, today! These are all great clips that are sure to be put to good use. :)

AL Ursich
02-11-2008, 7:31 PM
Frank, can you send that e mail to me too? I am having poor luck finding a basic Maltese Cross.... I copied 2 postings of yours but still can't find a good vector of a basic Fire Dept Maltese.

Thanking you in advance....

AL

Frank Corker
02-11-2008, 7:42 PM
Haven't got your email Al, but here they are for whoever want it.

AL Ursich
02-11-2008, 9:38 PM
Frank,

Your the BEST !!!!

AL

Nicole Hernandez
02-11-2008, 9:43 PM
I came across this site many times looking for something else. Seems kind of neat... judge for yourself. http://www.clanbadge.com/knots.htm There are some great examples, I think they only want $20 for it.

Brian Robison
02-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks Frank,
I was thinking it was a Celtic Knot font.

Ray Mighells
02-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Thanks to Nicole for the source above. If you like Celtic Knots you'll love this. Several packages available or everything for $79. Lots of patterns, free updates, down-loadable patterns from their web site, plus you can compose your own design in Corel or something else.I purchased it last night and have been playing with it all day. Styles are 3D, Filled, Inverted, and Outline.

Paul Brinkmeyer
02-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Heres one I did for free for a relative. (Actually I got stiffed)
I do not mind sharing it. I thought I had a picture of it embroidered, but can not find it. Most knots look really good embroidered.

Jerry Allen
02-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Here's a free knot font. (it may need permission for commercial use from the author)

http://mistakefur.deviantart.com/art/Celtic-Knot-Font-1-33983611

I also have an outline version I created in 2005 which I will post when I find it.

If I had the $79, I'd go for the Clanbadge set. I spent a week creating the outline font.

Ray Mighells
02-15-2008, 1:38 PM
Here's a few I made with my new toy. You can take them apart and re-assemble if you like. Edit: After I posted this I enlarged the file and discovered I did a pretty sloppy job assembling. Easy fix though, just ungroup and go to it.