PDA

View Full Version : CD Cabinet

Fred Voorhees
03-08-2004, 8:13 PM
I'm in construction and a few years ago, while laid off, I needed something to occupy my time, so I spent some time in the shop fabbing up this little CD cabinet. Made completely with stuff laying around the shop. Just a little ditty - nothing special. Of course, nothing but country music fills it. :D

Doug Jones
03-08-2004, 8:33 PM
Now that is truely inspirational. I really like the door idea. Great job.

Jim Stastny
03-08-2004, 8:58 PM
Nifty little cabinet. Tell us how you made the slots for the CDs. Did you use a dado blade, router, what? Thanks for showing.

Dale Thompson
03-08-2004, 9:15 PM
Fred,

Nice CD storage. Those CDs have a tendency to get out of hand unless organized.

Unlike you, I'm not stuck with one kind of music. I am big into the DIVERSITY thing. I like three or four different kinds of music. However, restrictions DO apply. If it's not Cash, Willie, Waylon or Dolly (that's four, right?), I don't recognize it. Odds are that I don't own it or WANT to own it! ;)

One exception, when I get into heavy metal, I can really enjoy a few gospel albums by Reeves, Ernie Ford and the Statlers. How's that for diversity?? :D

Nice work, Fred.

Dale T.

Jeff Skory
03-08-2004, 9:22 PM
Fred, that really is nice (for a little ditty :D ).

I'm interested in how you made the slots as well.

Fred Voorhees
03-08-2004, 10:15 PM
The slots were made by a very laborious method. There was no indexing involved. I marked each individual upright at each slot location and, using a dadoe set-up, lined up each mark with the blade and then made the cut. VERY time consuming.

George Strait, Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire, Faith Hill, Brad Paisley, Martina McBride, Toby Keith and others reside in this cabinet. :p

Jim Becker
03-09-2004, 4:29 AM
This one also looks even better in person!

As to it's contents...well...I noticed the Fred didn't have a problem bouncing his foot a few times on our trip to Oneida and back a few weeks ago while the CD in my truck was playing 10 hours worth of singer-songwriter material from my collection of "Live at the World Cafe" material from WXPN in Philadelphia...:D