PDA

View Full Version : DC dust bag ?

Al Willits
02-11-2008, 8:16 AM
I'm running the JDS Dust force DC and using the one micron bag for the top filter, just wondering if there's any maintenance on this bag, maybe need to wash it or ??

I know if I tap on it, there's lots of sawdust that drops down from it, so wondering if the bag can become so plugged up with sawdust it loses effectiveness?
tia
Al

Prashun Patel
02-11-2008, 8:23 AM
Yes, you HAVE to clean it periodically. Yr instinct is right. Clean it as often as you can. I clean mine when they're about 1/3 full and it works well.

The best way to clean them is to turn them inside out and pound them out in the wind. It's dirty job. You gotta wear a respirator.

Al Willits
02-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks, I'm betting using a air hose isn't good for keeping the fibers tight?

Sounds like a wait till spring thing though, not sure I want to beat on it when its -9 below...:)

I suppose I'll know when it wears out when I have more sawdust coming out the top than staying in the bottom..?? :)
These things have a life expectancy perchance?
I bought one of the canisters from Amazon on sale and figure I'll use it when the bag wears out, when ever that is.

Al

Prashun Patel
02-11-2008, 11:18 AM
The cannister will be easier to clean.
A clogged filter will reduce airflow. But it'll degrade over time - not all at once, so it's a little hard to tell. Best to just empty/beat periodically.

Also, a lot of the filters actually work best with a slight dust cake layer; that layer acts like a filter. So there's a sweet spot of operation.