PDA

View Full Version : All finished in Grapevine and back in Oklahoma

Wolf Kiessling
03-08-2004, 3:18 PM
The show is finished, I'm a year older and all is well. The show went about like I expected. In spite of all the well wishes you folks so kindly provided, because I knew the judge, I did about as expected.

I had seven entries in seven categories and ended up with four 2nd places and three honorable mentions. Some of the pieces you may remember from my postings did as follows:

Cowboy bust (Saturday Night - shined, showered and shaved) H.M.
Stylized bull - H.M.
Woodturning, Carved catalpa bowl - H.M.
Bust of my dachshund, Dudley - 2nd
Pieces that you have not seen all took 2nd place; a dragon, a driftwood carving and a wood burned picture

Sales weren't great, about two thirds of what we hoped, but that was way better than the complete absence thereof that we experience at this show the last three years.

All was not lost, though, got a chance to visit with some folks we hadn't seen in a while and the weather was just great. As it turns out, did not get a chance to see Steve Jenkins. I thought we might get a shot at it Sunday morning, since we were only about 15 minutes from his shop, but it was not to be. Steve might not have been available then anyhow. Also took the opportunity to have a fine meal in a restaurant that we really like which is only in Grapevine (as far as I know).

Well, that's it, except for a couple of local shows, until the fall.

Tyler Howell
03-08-2004, 3:50 PM
Well Wolfe it is an Honor to Mention You are a true artist. I'm proud and inspired One Okie To another.
Wanted to wait till you got back to tell you HBD and Your just getting older.:D:D

Wolf Kiessling
03-08-2004, 4:43 PM
[Wanted to wait to you got back to tell you HBD and Your just getting older.:D:D[/QUOTE]

You forgot "and more decrepid". Thanks anyway (I think)

Bob Lasley
03-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Well Wolfe it is an Honor to Mention You are a true artist. I'm proud and inspired One Okie To another.
Wanted to wait to you got back to tell you HBD and Your just getting older.:D:D

Tyler,

I had no idea you were an Okie, 'cause I didn't think Okies could survive that far north!

Wolf,

That judge sure don't know first prize material when he sees it! Glad you made it back across the river safely.

Bob

Tyler Howell
03-09-2004, 12:52 AM
[QUOTE=Bob Lasley]Tyler,

I had no idea you were an Okie, 'cause I didn't think Okies could survive that far north!

Bob,

Spent enough time in OKC, Almost a second home.;)