PDA

View Full Version : Fighting 49'ers Plaque

James Wright
02-10-2008, 5:04 PM
I have a senior friend that is 88 this year…was in WWII in Southwest Pacific with the 49th Fighter Wing…he maintained P-38’s…..so I did research of his unit and after going through tons of pictures of P-38's at last found a drawing that would work... came up with aplaque for him….my real first try at engraving…he is in failing health...I was so glad I was able to make it for him.

Jeff Gilchrist
02-10-2008, 5:18 PM
Very nice job! Did you make the stand as well?

I hope your friend gets feeling better soon.

James Wright
02-10-2008, 5:22 PM
I Purchase the little plastic stands.

Bruce Page
02-10-2008, 5:50 PM
You misspelled “citations”

Bruce Page
02-10-2008, 5:52 PM
Sorry, I couldn’t resist:D.
You friend should be very proud of his service and of your friendship.

Mike Null
02-10-2008, 6:00 PM
Very nice work and great art on the P38.

Ray Mighells
02-10-2008, 6:32 PM
Very nice piece of work. Would you mind sharing your file? The P-38 is one of my all time favorite war planes. I'd like to try an inlay with the Insignia too. Is that BB ply? What's the size?

James Wright
02-10-2008, 7:37 PM
Thats okay....his eye sight is so bad he didn't notice....and I am the product of the 60's educational system....worlds worst speller...and I didn't notice either....

James Wright
02-10-2008, 7:40 PM
My favorite too... plus the P51....It is Poplar 1/8 inch....sharing file? you mean the .cdr or the picture of the finished product?

Ray Mighells
02-10-2008, 8:18 PM
The cdr if you don't mind. I'm a Mustang freak too. I took a lot of photos off "Strange Military.com" Amazing stuff on that site . Navy stuff too. I posted some pics on my Picture Trail if you want to click the link on my bio. I would be happy to share any of those files that are not protected, like the copyrighted packets I purchased commercially.

James Wright
02-11-2008, 8:14 AM
You misspelled “citations”

Bruce looking back at the doc of 49th fighter wing history...and using Word spell check....Citations is spelled correctly

James Wright
02-11-2008, 8:16 AM
The cdr if you don't mind. I'm a Mustang freak too. I took a lot of photos off "Strange Military.com" Amazing stuff on that site . Navy stuff too. I posted some pics on my Picture Trail if you want to click the link on my bio. I would be happy to share any of those files that are not protected, like the copyrighted packets I purchased commercially.

Here is the .cdr...anybody is welcome to it.....

I just read the error message...the file is 239.4k and the forum limit is 97.7
it won't upload....how do I get it to you

Frank Corker
02-11-2008, 10:49 AM
James, you're having a senior moment, you forgot the file!

Bruce Page
02-11-2008, 3:15 PM
Bruce looking back at the doc of 49th fighter wing history...and using Word spell check....Citations is spelled correctly

James, I was only kidding. Made you look though...:D

It is a beautiful plaque.

Lisa Walter
02-12-2008, 4:42 PM
James that is really nice. I bet it is one of your friend's cherished possesions now!! :)

Ray Mighells
02-12-2008, 6:14 PM
James. zip the file in Winzip

James Wright
02-13-2008, 10:38 AM
James. zip the file in Winzip

Looks like this might work...here is the zip....

Brian Conklin
02-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Can you tell me a little bit about your engraving settings? Did you run this through Photograv? The reason I'm asking is because I did a test engraving of the image and much of the plane did not engrave for me.

I then tried to run it through the clipart mode on my ULS without any luck..

Thanks, It's a beautiful job and a great tribute to your friend!

James Wright
02-13-2008, 2:15 PM
Can you tell me a little bit about your engraving settings? Did you run this through Photograv? The reason I'm asking is because I did a test engraving of the image and much of the plane did not engrave for me.

I then tried to run it through the clipart mode on my ULS without any luck..

Thanks, It's a beautiful job and a great tribute to your friend!

Sorry...I sent you wrong picture...in pervious e-mail....I attached correct one....I found the site I got it from....http://p38assn.org/gallery.htm......you can see the picture was I
needed...since I couldn't fine a picture that worked...I had to find a
drawing which is what this is...I hope this works.....my settings again were 75 raster...and 50 vector