PDA

View Full Version : My bench is done for now.

tyler mckenzie
02-10-2008, 12:52 PM
This is a spin off of the veritas bench, it still needs some clean up and dog holes. But it works for now, so it's officially on the back burner. One thing i learned was to never again hand saw 1 5/8 beech dovetails, pain pain pain. MDF top will eventually get replaced by soild beech. I put the router in my table as i dont have very much space. I am very happy with the twin vise.

mike holden
02-10-2008, 5:53 PM
Nicely done!
And a very clever use of the space for a router table as well!
How are you going to clamp the fence?
Are you going to add any storage space below?
Again, Great Bench!
Mike

Glenn Clabo
02-10-2008, 5:55 PM
Nice job. Design is very well thought out. You may just end up working with it as is for a longer time than you think.

tyler mckenzie
02-10-2008, 6:28 PM
Nicely done!
And a very clever use of the space for a router table as well!
How are you going to clamp the fence?
Are you going to add any storage space below?
Again, Great Bench!
Mike

when i drill the dog holes, the fence will be bolted in them. I will eventually make some storage and dust collection (router) under the table

Phil Thien
02-10-2008, 8:28 PM
when i drill the dog holes, the fence will be bolted in them. I will eventually make some storage and dust collection (router) under the table.

Very clever. I also have a small shop and have thought about putting a router in the bench if I ever replace my tablesaw. I'll remember the benchdog/fence idea if I ever have to do that. When you get that far can you let us know how you like it?

Beautiful bench, BTW.