PDA

View Full Version : Performax Sander

Steven Bolton
02-10-2008, 12:44 PM
I am curious whether it would be difficult to convert a Peformax 16/32 sander into a hoop and loop type sander. I know someone who had a Performax and hated it because of the way you mount the sand paper. He bought a Grizzly hoop and loop type and loves it.

Thanks

Steve Bolton

James Suzda
02-10-2008, 1:27 PM
If you want to try it, Woodmaster tools sell rolls of the adhesive backed hook and also the rolls of loop sandpaper.

Bill Wyko
02-10-2008, 1:44 PM
You might try a light coat of spray tack on your sand paper and let it dry pretty well. If you were to ever get a build up of the adhiesive you can use wax & grease remover to clean the drum. It'll break down the glue almost instantly. The only reason I wouldn't like velcro type would be that it would contour to an irregularity an not be totally flat because of the cushion effect. I don't know though, I don't have a hoop & loop type.:) One reason I like my 22-44 is because If I ever need to build an out feed table, my feed table is stationary. Some of the Griz moves the table up and down. The 22-44 also has a clutch driven feed belt where some of the griz don't. Just ofering features that are important to me that one might take into consideration, not bagging on the griz products. They make great tools.