PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone Help Me With My Laptop?

Lance Norris
02-09-2008, 2:46 PM
I have am IBM Thinkpad laptop. It has windows 2000 pro. When I unplug the power cord and use the battery, the screen only gets about half as bright as when Im hooked up to power. I know this is to save battery power, but I dont use the battery much and when I do, its for short periods of time, so I really dont need to conserve power. I looked at all the power options on the control panel and I cant figure out how to bring the brightness back up. Help.

Joe Pelonio
02-09-2008, 3:07 PM
I had one of those long ago, and as I recall it was FN-Home and FN-End

Lance Norris
02-09-2008, 3:31 PM
Thanks Joe... But it only still brings the brightness up to the battery powered level. I want full brightness.

Greg Funk
02-09-2008, 3:56 PM
On windows xp you configure by using the power options in the control panel. Have a look in the control panel for a 'power options' icon.

Greg

John Hixon
02-09-2008, 4:05 PM
on my keyboard,
hold down the blue function key (bottom left corner)
and push the up brightness key (home, in top left corner)

I don't see any way in the power saver selection to change this
permanently.

Lance Norris
02-09-2008, 8:38 PM
These option all just bring the brightness to the level of running on the battery. I want the brightness that I get when hooked up to the power supply. Is this possible...? Maybe not. Anybody else?

Rick Gifford
02-09-2008, 8:57 PM
There should be an icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen that shows battery life (when laptop is unplugged) and a battery along with a power plug symbol (when plugged in). Right-click on the icon and choose Power Options. Choose the High Performance option. This will keep the screen bright, but decreases battery life.

If this doesn't help go into your BIOS (F2 while booting up) and you can adjust the brightness of display while on battery and on power cord.

glenn bradley
02-09-2008, 9:03 PM
Rick's got it although depending on the BIOS it could be F2, del, F10, etc. I'm betting on the BIOS setting. I have never gotten an older machine to behave outside of BIOS changes where these things are concerned.

Lance Norris
02-09-2008, 9:14 PM
Rick got it... I had to do it in the BIOS. Its where I want it now. Thanks Rick. And thanks Glen.

Rick Gifford
02-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Hey I'm actually good for something. Wait til I tell my wife. :p

Peter Stahl
02-10-2008, 8:25 PM
Hey I'm actually good for something. Wait til I tell my wife. :p

She won't believe you, they never do!:):):):)

Rick Gifford
02-10-2008, 9:12 PM
She won't believe you, they never do!:):):):)

You made me laugh. I think that's true :rolleyes: lol.