PDA

View Full Version : A3-31 owners!

nick brigg
02-09-2008, 2:36 PM
I think i killed my machine this morning :(! I was told to hold the on button until the machine hit full RPM, well i kinda didn't do that this time around and the cutter head sorta fluttered to life then died...now it wont turn back on and i can't seem to find a breaker anywhere on it. has anyone else had this problem happen to them before?

Steve Rozmiarek
02-09-2008, 4:13 PM
Pardon my ignorance, whats an A3-31?

nick brigg
02-09-2008, 4:23 PM
OH sorry i should have been more specific! It's a euro jointer/planer combo machine.

Stan Welborn
02-09-2008, 5:26 PM
I did the same thing Nick, but for the life of me I can't remember what I did to reset it. Did you try unplugging it and plugging it back in? I have no idea if that would do it but I'm sure that was my first thought. Good news is, you probably wont do it again. Least I haven't.

nick brigg
02-09-2008, 5:36 PM
I did the same thing Nick, but for the life of me I can't remember what I did to reset it. Did you try unplugging it and plugging it back in? I have no idea if that would do it but I'm sure that was my first thought. Good news is, you probably wont do it again. Least I haven't.

haha no kidding i wont do it again, how about you do it again and tell me what helps :D

Jamie Buxton
02-09-2008, 7:24 PM
On my A3-31, the usual reason it won't come on when I punch the go button is that there is another switch which has somehow migrated to the off position. The switch is a rotary one with its two positions marked in the European manner: an O for open, and an I for closed. On mine (2000 model year), it is on a box which around to the left about knee high.

nick brigg
02-09-2008, 7:29 PM
yeah, i flip it the mains switch to the "on" position, make sure the stop button is out and it still does not start up. i've been looking around for a motor restart but can't find out on the inside, i haven't opened it up to look on the inside. something tells me i'm going to have to be replacing something...