PDA

View Full Version : My new Steel city Saw

Bob Hallowell
02-09-2008, 9:05 AM
I got this from the "Steel City leaving Pittsburgh Sale" I told you all about when I got my 18" bandsaw.

This is mostly the titanium deluxe Right tilt with one none titanium wing and it was missing the extension table. other than that it was perfect. They had a biesemeyer splitter laying new in a box and I asked if it would fit and they looked and didn't know and Mark said just take it he would have a hard time saling it anyway. (it fit after about 3hrs of engineering). plus I got the mobile base another bandsaw blade, 4 good quailty 10' 4" hose. all For $850.

David Tiell
02-09-2008, 9:21 AM
I'd say you made out very well!

Larry Anderson
02-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Wow, that's great. And I thought I did well when I got my LT version for $1147.

Jim Becker
02-09-2008, 10:30 AM
Very nice! Congratulations.

But help me out here...will they have to change the company name if they move out of "Steel City"???? ;)

Bob Hallowell
02-09-2008, 9:30 PM
Jim,
I think alot of the "Steel" has moved out of Steel city also.

Bob

Al Garay
02-10-2008, 12:35 AM
can you tell me about he miter gauge? Does it have slop?

I'm trying to decide whether to get a new Deluxe Titanium cabinet saw with everything for $800 plus enough frequent flyer miles for 1 RT ticket to Hawaii, which basically makes it equivalent to $1400 total... It's going to be very big in my single aisle garage shop.

I can also get a new Woodtek/GI/Sunhill type hybrid with a cheap fence for $630 cash.

Bob Hallowell
02-10-2008, 3:19 AM
The gauge has adjustment on the bar to take the slop out. But I already had an Inca. It is mighty big in my shop but I am hopefully building a new shop in a few years. that seams like a great deal. It seams like a great machine.

Bob

can you tell me about he miter gauge? Does it have slop?

I'm trying to decide whether to get a new Deluxe Titanium cabinet saw with everything for $800 plus enough frequent flyer miles for 1 RT ticket to Hawaii, which basically makes it equivalent to $1400 total... It's going to be very big in my single aisle garage shop.

I can also get a new Woodtek/GI/Sunhill type hybrid with a cheap fence for $630 cash.

John Yogus
02-10-2008, 9:33 PM
How was the TS inventory when you were there yesterday? I'm in the market.

Tim Malyszko
02-10-2008, 9:45 PM
Nice pickup. I really like Steel City.

Bob Hallowell
02-10-2008, 9:49 PM
How was the TS inventory when you were there yesterday? I'm in the market.

Almost all of the steel city is gone but the had alot of accessory's and misc and craftsman stock. Email Chuck from the Craigslist posting.

Bob

John Thompson
02-10-2008, 11:29 PM
The titanium saw is a nice one, Bob. We poured water on top of the table at Atlanta WW Show a year ago about 10 AM in the morning and wiped it off about 4 PM. No rust.. My son sits a glass of water on my Uni-saw while cutting grass that sweats (oh yeah.. he has been told not to do it.. outta sight, outta mind) and I got a rust ring about 30 minutes latter.

Enjoy....

Sarge..