PDA

View Full Version : Band saw blade question

Jay Jolliffe
02-09-2008, 6:58 AM
I have a Grizzly 513X2 model. When I got it I put in a 3/4'' blade to resaw with & it worked fine. Now I want to use a 1/4" blade & I can 't figure out how to adjust the bottom guides. The top ones slide back ok but the bottom ones just seem to move sideways & not back for a smaller blade. I can't find how I would move them back so their not hitting the teeth on the blade. Any help on this would be appreciated.....

Roy Hatch
02-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Jay, I assume you don't have the user's manual. I didn't see the specific model at Grizzly's site, I did find this http://www.grizzly.com/images/manuals/g0514x_m.pdf

Take a look at the instructions and you may see that yours is similar. Good luck.

Roy

Richard Dragin
02-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Look farther back, the whole assembly slides and there is a socket screw to lock it down. You will see it from the side of the saw above the dust port.

Jay Jolliffe
02-09-2008, 1:03 PM
Thanks for the help. I figured it out. I guess I didn't look for the cap screw that lets you move the guide assembly back...sometimes I just don't see the simple things. I tend to over think everything. Thanks again....:)