PDA

View Full Version : Jet Proshop and Bench Dog Promax Question

Matt Meers
02-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the forum, but after looking through much of the insight and advice I figured this is the place for this question.

I'm fairly new to the hobby, but know enough to get by. I'm in the process of upgrading my table saw and have had my eye on the Jet Proshop with the 52" extension table.

I also have a Bosch 1619EVS Plunge Router that I'd like (mainly because of space limitations) to mount on the table saw. After doing some research I am heavily leaning towards the Bench Dog Promax router table extension for the table saw.

The one downside to the Promax was that the Bench Dog Prolift isn't compatible to my router, but I noticed that the Router Raizer RZ200 can be attached to my particular router to give it the ability to be "lifted" on the the table.

Now all that being said, my initial desire was to add the router table extension to the right end of the 52" extension table, but I guess this is where my inexperience really comes to the surface... Is this possible to do without ruining the stability of the extension table?
Since the extension table appears to be one unit does this mean i would need to cut the table to fit the router extension?
Even though I would like to put the extension table on the right side of the saw, would it just be easier to put it on the left?

One thing i should point out is that I do realize that Jet offers the Proshop with a router table extension to the right of the extension table, but to be honest I wasn't very impressed with what they were offering, thus my desire for the Promax.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt