PDA

View Full Version : excellent lubricant for woodworking machines

Stephen Edwards
02-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Hi folks,

I'm a newbie here at sawmillcreek. I'm thankful to have found the wonderful forum for woodworkers.

For anyone interested in a quality lubricant for machine tables, gears, threaded rods, miter slides, etc., I've found one that works perfectly and wanted to share it with anyone who may be interested.

The product is Super Lube Dri-Film. I first started using it as a lubricant for New Hermes pantograph engraving machines. It worked for so well for that application that I decided to use it on my woodworking machines. It works perfectly!

The really cool feature about is that when you spray it on it dries completely within a few seconds. It's works well for machine tables and miter gage slots providing a smooth action with NO greasy build up. It doesn't build up on the surfaces nor does sawdust and chips stick to it.

To find out who sells it in your area you can call their customer service hotline at 800-253-LUBE. Again, the product name is Dri-Film Lubricant. Their website is www-super-lube.com . It's worked very well for me and I wanted to share it with other woodworkers who may be interested.

I've attached a couple of photos of my favorite type of woodworking projects. I welcome any comments.

Kind Regards,

Phil Thien
02-09-2008, 9:07 AM
Great tip. I use another dry-film type lubricant (can't remember the brand) that I purchase at Lowes. It is basically wax is an aerosol can.

Your projects are fascinating. Very creative and artistic. I would like to see an entire show of them.

Rich Schneider
02-09-2008, 9:14 AM
I have used Dyna GLide and have been more than happy with that other than it seems overly pricey......

Stephen Edwards
02-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Hi Phil,

I'm glad you like my woodart. The pieces are fun to design and build. I'm currently designing a small piece of furniture that will incorporate some of the art into the furniture.

Joe Arcimboldo
11-25-2010, 8:41 AM
I have used Dyna GLide and have been more than happy with that other than it seems overly pricey......

Rich,
I was wondering if you ever had any problems with Dyna Glide causing finish to react poorly. I just got some the other day, and am slowly trying it out.

The reason I ask was that I am considering using it on some plane irons and other hand tools that are in a fairly humid shop here in Georgia. I was hoping that it might be a good replacement for Camelia Oil and be able to work well on hand tools and power tools parts equally well.

Any thoughts?

glenn bradley
11-25-2010, 9:24 AM
Joe,

Rich's post is from 2008. You may ant to PM him if he does not notice this thread. I have done so on old threads and the great folks here often respond quickly.

Roger Jensen
11-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Looks like he has his own site now: http://stephenedisonedwards.com/

Roger