PDA

View Full Version : Auto cad font problem in corel x3

Ron Pillon
02-08-2008, 5:40 PM
Hi everyone for 2 years I have swared about this and a new customer comes along with Autocad again. Well this is my problem I Import an autocad 2000 2007 R14 .dxf and the font they use is arial standard or arial roman. When imported it tells me I am missing Txt-Normal or romans.shx-normal and then substitutes it with Arial-normal(western) and the words are all blendedtogetherwithnospaces and a large text box around it.
The pain is getting to me spacing between words and then converting text to curves with large files and more customers and holding down a full time job time is becoming a problem doing these autocad files.
If anyone could help me this would be more than greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for all the help in the past

Joe Pelonio
02-08-2008, 6:39 PM
Didn't it give you the option of importing the text as curves? If you check that box the font isn't an issue. Works on DWGs I get from my customers.

Ron Pillon
02-08-2008, 6:49 PM
Hi Joe it don,t give me that option. I seen this from one of my customer before and then when I imported it as curves they were not filled just lines.

Ron Pillon
02-08-2008, 7:04 PM
trying to attach the file

Tony Severenuk (Corel)
02-13-2008, 5:18 PM
Hey Ron!
Can you email me a copy of that .DXF pls?
T.

Sandra Force
02-13-2008, 7:39 PM
I meld the two together daily and have found that what you are probably seeing is that the two are seeing the same font in different sizes. Find out the size that you want. then change the size of the text to what you need and that usually does the trick. I have 2 engineers that use .33 text in acad and it translates wrong into Corel every time.

Roy Brewer
02-15-2008, 12:31 AM
Can you email me a copy of that ....Tony,

I hate to hijack this thread but a bit puzzled that X4 doesn't seem to import .PDFs as reliably as did X3.

The attached file imports perfectly into X3 if told to import as curves. If I understand it correctly, the fonts used to create the PDF are actually embedded in the PDF, however if that font is not found on the importing PC then a substitute font will be necessary (if imported as text). However if imported as curves, it uses the embedded font data to generate the curves.

X3 handles the attached file as expected: no font substitution dialog appears and layout is perfect. No, text is not editable, but I have exactly what my client sent ready to output to the laser.

X4, however, seems to refuse to use the embedded font data and asks for substitute fonts and insists on using them even though I've told it to Import as Curves.

Please correct my understanding(?), or provide a solution(?), or provide a work around(?).

Ron Pillon
02-15-2008, 8:34 PM
Hey Ron!
Can you email me a copy of that .DXF pls?
T.

Here is a .dxf and a .dwg

Thank you
Ron Pillon